[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > Re: Powerpoint effects    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Powerpoint effects
Bongo Bob is not online. Last active: 1/21/2005 10:29:59 AM Bongo Bob
Total Posts: 2

Powerpoint effects
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 01:41 PM
I am a real newbie to WMM. Tried it a total of 5 times.

My question is, I have alot of digital video I have taken for use in making some training films. I will be creating an audio track to add to it. When I do Powerpoint presentations I use arrows to come into the picture and point to a specific thing I want to emphasis. Can I do a similar thing in WMM?

For example, let's say I have a home video of the kids at an amusement park. There are lots of other people in the crowd. I want to point them out. Can I some how have an arrow come into the video and stop at some location where it is pointing to them?

Any ideas would be helpful.
jeb314 is not online. Last active: 2/5/2007 11:36:48 PM jeb314
Total Posts: 251

Re: Powerpoint effects
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 11:11 PM
Try using animated GIFs. You can create an animated gif of the arrow with a blue background, and use the chroma key effect to make it so only the arrow shows. The effect is as follows:

<TransitionsAndEffects
Version="1.0" >
<Transitions>
<TransitionDLL guid="{C5B19592-145E-11D3-9F04-006008039E37}">
<Transition name="Blue Chroma Key " iconid="88">
<Param name="KeyType" value="0" />
<Param name="RGB" value="0x0000FF" />
</Transition>
</TransitionDLL>
</Transitions>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Paste the code into notepad, then save as .xml Copy the file into the folder C:/Program Files/Movie Maker/Shared/AddOnTFX Apply the transition and then, stretch the length to fit the size of the clip.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > Re: Powerpoint effects