[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your XP Transitions and Effects!!  > Re: Looking for an effect    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Looking for an effect
michael b is not online. Last active: 9/15/2004 3:29:18 PM michael b
Total Posts: 4

Looking for an effect
Posted: 06 Aug 2004 01:23 PM
I am looking for an effect that is similiar to an old movie footage or some old photographs, that makes the side of the photo fade out, or fade to black.

Check out this movie slideshow and notice the photos toward the end of it. this is what i am looking for.

http://www.familymoviemaker.com/images/moviemaker4.wmv

Thanks,
michael
Rehan is not online. Last active: 5/8/2012 5:49:17 PM Rehan
www.rehanfx.org
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 2176

Re: Looking for an effect
Posted: 07 Aug 2004 01:30 AM
It can be done using a custom transition and a black image. Here is the code for custom transition:

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Transitions>
<TransitionDLL guid="{DE75D012-7A65-11D2-8CEA-00A0C9441E20}">
<Transition name="BORDER: Rectangle" iconid="39">
<Param name="MaskNum" value="124" />
<Param name="BorderSoftness" value="40" />
<Param name="ScaleX" value="0.85" />
<Param name="Progress" value="0.8" />
</Transition>
</TransitionDLL>
</Transitions>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Copy paste into notepad and save as "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX\border.xml". restart WMM.

Make a black image and get it into collections. Place this image first in the storyboard and then your clip. Now apply the border transition in between. To adjust the duration of the transition go to timeline view and drag the black image's right edge to make it as long as the clip or a bit longer. Now grab the clip from middle and drag it left over the black image as much as you can without displacing it to the other side.

To use it with a slideshow as in the referred movie, you should first complete the slideshow, save as a movie and then bring that movie back into movie maker and apply this transition. otherwise you will be applying it all over the palce and doing a lot of unnecessary editing.

I have a few more effects and transitions avilable on my website particularly you might be interested in pan zoom effects.

www.rehanfx.org - do more with Windows Movie Maker...
rehanfx.x10hosting.com - mirror site
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your XP Transitions and Effects!!  > Re: Looking for an effect