[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Re: Picture duration    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Picture duration
Kate is not online. Last active: 12/3/2004 2:40:01 PM Kate
Total Posts: 2

Picture duration
Posted: 01 Dec 2004 03:57 PM
Please help me. I loaded 150 photos onto my storyline, added the transitions, music and successful burned a beautiful DVD for my mother. After viewing it however the pictures move too fast. I have tried to cut and paste them to a new project with the duration set at 8 sec but they still come up 5 sec. Is there ANY way to change the duration of a project after the pictures are down? If I have to place them all is there an easier way to remove them and replace them? If I change the transitions is there one that does not take up as much time? Thank you for all the help you can offer. Kate
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: Picture duration
Posted: 01 Dec 2004 04:50 PM
Hi Kate,

Once they are all on the timeline, it's a one at a time thing in adjusting their trim points/duration...

Either way... adjusting them all, or starting over with an 8 second default duration... it would take some effort. Personally I'd start over.

You can drag and drop the whole set of pictures into the collection, and from the collection into the project (with the 8 second duration)..... Once on the storyboard, select all the clips (Control-A keys), pick a transition and put it into the project and it'll go between all of them as the default one. Test the transitions first - some work better than others with less transition duration time... a simple fade or dissolve works at most any duration.

Lots of luck with it... one of those things that's easier to do or redo than to think about it.... of course that's easy for me to say as I'm not doing the rework. :)

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
Kate is not online. Last active: 12/3/2004 2:40:01 PM Kate
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 01 Dec 2004 09:00 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I am gonna give it another whirl. Will write back with my next set-back. LOL Kate
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 01 Dec 2004 11:28 PM
Pictures always go by too fast for mothers...

Another option Kate is to take the finished movie in as a single clip and slow it down by whatever factor you want.... just need to appy one effect one time.

Of course you would have to mute the audio on it and overlay the music again... but that would be easy.

chels11 is not online. Last active: 4/11/2006 3:05:16 AM chels11
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 03:02 AM
How would one go about doing this?? I have just created a lengthy slideshow figuring i could change the duration afterward and now realize i cant. Its set at 5 second clip duration but id like to to be about 8 seconds. Ive already gone through and done all the transitions too. Can you offer any advice as to how to slow the whole movie down?? I have no clue how to do that. Any help would be great. And then how would I add in the music? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks,
Chels
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 12:10 PM
Hi Chels,

Save the movie without the music... to a high quality option such as DV-AVI...

Setup a custom speed xml file... you can start with the one I have for download on the Editing Movies > Video > Reverse Effect page of my site.... open it in Notepad and change the Slow Down effect to what you want... in your case, going from 5 seconds to 8 is a slowdown to 0.625

=======================
Here's what the xml file reads like... make your own to save the download....

- <TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
- <Effects>
- <EffectDLL guid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}">
<Effect name="PapaJohn - Speed Up 375 percent" iconid="32" speed="3.75" comment="PapaJohn-Speed up" />
<Effect name="PapaJohn - Slow Down 50 percent" iconid="31" speed="0.5" comment="PapaJohn-Slow down" />
</EffectDLL>
</Effects>
</TransitionsAndEffects>
=======================

Import the saved big file that's too fast, apply the effect, add the music, and save the final movie.

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Re: Picture duration