[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Feature Suggestions  > Re: New effects.    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: New effects.
gizmohacker is not online. Last active: 6/14/2004 10:07:10 PM gizmohacker
Total Posts: 10

New effects.
Posted: 13 Jun 2004 11:07 PM
since i this is a suggestion thread, heres my suggestions on effects:

A variable speed effect- instead of being a double or half. Allow for a option that says: set desired length, where you can either type in how long you want it to be or stretch the clip to the desired point. This will help out in timing your movie.

A dramatic bounce effect-where the clip will fade in fade out rather quickly, like the bouncing of a ball, everytime it hits the ground the clip fades out to a color blinks. This effect also needs some customization. where you can set the length of time between each bounce, what color it blinks, how fast it fades in and out, and be able to set where on the clip a more potent blink should appear.

A dual/tri/quad/... layer effect- This really isnt an effect. more of an option. instead of just one video timeline you should be able to have two or three. And you should be able to add "layer effects". (like lighten, difference, burn, exclusion, soft light, hard light)
*This would also eliminate the need for a multi-fade option,(like when you click and drag a clip over another, for a fade) dragging a clip over several instead of just one.*

A tint effect-Just what it is, let the user pick what color, and tint it that color.

A widescreen effect- I think this effect is included in one of those "more effects" purchaseble item, but i still think it should be included. Where you can select a portion of the screen that will be displayed in the center or where ever by itself.

These arent effect just things i think should be a new feature or be improved on:

Better audio, MM for some reason changes the audio slighty, may it be shortening the audio length, or slowing it down and to make up for it by skipping.

A resize feature. enough said

A frame deleter- this is something that seems to be on my mind everytime i make a video. When you take clips, even if clip them at the right point, when you publish the video theres always that one clip that snuck in there somehow. What this tool would do is allow you to select a clip and in a new window, view every frame and let you cut/copy/paste and most importantly delete.

My brain hurts, so i'll add more to this later. Hope you enjoyed my opinions on new features. Plus I hope I covered your hopes for new ones, too.

"If a tree falls in the forest, does that mean Fox came up with a reality series about it?"

Re: New effects.
Posted: 13 Jun 2004 11:53 PM
What do you know i thought of another one!

Im gonna call it the exploding frame effect!
Basically the effect takes the frame you set and increases its size while decreasing its transparency! whitch should give it a exlpoding halo look. Of course the options on this thing should contain the rate of its enlargement, transperancy, and you should be able to select multiple frames for a moving exploding frame(s)!
This would be good for giving that little extra emphasis on beats

"If a tree falls in the forest, does that mean Fox came up with a reality series about it?"

Posted: 13 Jun 2004 11:56 PM
I forgot to add to the last, that while the exploding effect is going on the unselected frames are still going on as usual!

Rehan is not online. Last active: 5/8/2012 5:49:17 PM Rehan
www.rehanfx.org
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 2176

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 08:51 AM
I call it ZoomBlend and it is a transition. To apply at a particular point in the movie, cut the clip and apply this transition in the middle.

Here it is:

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Transitions>
<TransitionDLL guid="{C63344D8-70D3-4032-9B32-7A3CAD5091A5}">
<Transition name="BlendZoom" iconid="19">
<Param name="InternalName" value="Simple3D" />
<Param name="ScaleA" value="1.2" />
<Param name="FadeStartA" value="0.0" />
</Transition>
</TransitionDLL>
</Transitions>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Short Instructions: Copy paste this code to a new text file named "zoomblend.xml" and place the file in the folder: "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX\". Create the folder if not there. Restart WMM.

www.rehanfx.org - do more with Windows Movie Maker...
rehanfx.x10hosting.com - mirror site

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 05:45 PM
oh really! great thanks. Ive created some effects, but they're only speed variables. THis should help alot in cool videos. thx a bunch!

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Feature Suggestions  > Re: New effects.