[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > PLEASE Help. Urgent. how to remove very last clip; Mistake!!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: PLEASE Help. Urgent. how to remove very last clip; Mistake!!
hopkins is not online. Last active: 6/29/2018 11:03:09 AM hopkins
Total Posts: 13

PLEASE Help. Urgent. how to remove very last clip; Mistake!!
Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:58 AM
Please help me if you can; very limited tech skills but
. I got so much help and encouragement on this Forum, and so much done. ty.

Big issue here please climb aboard.

I hit a key accidentally while editing.
I did NOT as of yet 'Save Project'

But I noticed that the "File" icon has it as all of my 'projects' as .wimp files,
tho they're supposed to be .wlimp. (or something) .... it says .wimp

I was really careful to keep 'Save Project' along the way when things were good.
But
I did NOT "SAVE PROJECT" on this very last move Only...
and was hoping that would help me here?

...and was hoping there was some way to just 'Remove' it without 'splitting' or 'trimming'
(i don't want an audio 'blip' that's her Huge concern). (grandkids music vid; really pristine audio,
we don't want to compromise that futher.

Or to try ANY other moves that without your help.
Very concerned about the Audio and NOT Losing a greast project almost finally done.

The program uploaded the song perfectly; and the 'stills' we added are finally aligned and in place.
THEN:
and i made that Mistake, not meaning to import that VERY LAST MOVE ONLY.
which is a short unrelated video clip. I'm only using still fotos for this.

I'm way confused; as the home vid cam has audio on it also, l from a lower price-point Canon.
i'D JUST like to simply remove that very last one click did, importing that video; we were not
going to import ANY video; we were making out own from stills......

help.

Also I have not used those 'trim' and 'split' tools successfully and am an old half-blind coot,
really only understanding basics; and what I can teach myself along the way.

it's sort of maddening there is not a simple 'UNDO LAST MOVE' button anywhere???

This forum ha

It's one song and we're very concerned not to hurt the audio. I've never 'removed' a picture or clip,
and this project is Only Still pix.

I did not ever mean to add a video clip from elsewhere in her files. I have Never used
the tools other than the basics to import stil fotos for work, and set times and transitions...
...that's all I wanted to do here and hope I haven't ruined the project; she's worked
weeks on getting the sound recording done professionally.

If I 'split' or 'trim' I'm not sure what's next; or if it's going to hurt the nice audio that is underneath
all the pictures; the project is near done and this stops everything.

Not even going to turn the computer off, for fear of losing what we have; and do NOT want to experiment.
Please someone guide me; help me through this. I'd really very appreciate some encouragment.

Thanks, please help; She's relying on this and she's almost at deadline.
.ty.

Re: PLEASE Help. Urgent. how to remove very last clip; Mistake!!
Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:00 AM
If someone would be kind enough to talk me through this; I'll be very grateful; thank you.
I've two phones and no sleep coming till this is resolved, thanks. It's 2 AM PSt TIME.
thanks. h.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:41 AM
I'm continuing to research 'split' and 'trim' and resigned to an audio 'bump' IF that's what it will do.
I can't complete the project till I'm helped with the best specific way to go here.
I've got to go in sequential order with the 'story line' of the song, and that's mostly accomplished.

And am not skilled or informed enough to risk another mistake. I love what we've done and am
hopeful of a rescue here, thanks. keeping this candle burning; hoping one of the stalwart
and passionate pros here would help me out ty.

I knew I had worked too long without a break and just that one slip of one finger and boinngg; everything stops till I get help; lol. helllp! ;-)

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 06:25 AM
Is it doable with 'Trim?"
I don't think that I need to use the 'Split' Tool, as there is only that very last element, the video clip, that I want to remove,
so I don't need to align the 'split' to another section.
cuz There IS no other section, until I can resolve the error that created the issue.
Gosh thanks anyone reading alla this. generous spirted for sure, ty. what's next?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 03:12 PM
Still sweating this issue out.
researching 'trim' and this would potentially Remove what i want to keep!! which is EVERYTHING except the very last vid clip added, whic is THE Problem I'm having.
for example, I read this:
"
Select Clip > Set End Trim Point. The video clip will be trimmed and any video outside the trim points will be removed. "

!! 'ANY VID OUTSIDE THE TRIM POINTS WILL BE REMOVED' !!

the entire point of this exercise is NOT to lose this project, or degrade the AUDIO.

And to Keep all the hard work we've painstakingly done.

So you see how one 'click' can really wreck a project, potentially.
The one 'click' mistake is what crearted the problem.

I can easily set the start Trim point in the middle of the previous still pic that comes right
BEFORE the imported vid clip I need to remove.
And like wise the "END" point, which would be at the End of the Vid clip I want entirely removed. ??

BUT,
the above quoted instructions are saying that EVERYTHING to the Left of the START TRIM,
will be 'removed' uh, that's the entire project!!! Please someone help w this.
It's very critically important to an artist/relative that really deserves a great showcase.
I'm almost out of time to help her; and I negated all the good work I've done with this
one mistake,
Please inform and help, thanks.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > PLEASE Help. Urgent. how to remove very last clip; Mistake!!