[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Restarting at Forum    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Restarting at Forum
TheDoctor is not online. Last active: 6/23/2017 6:46:43 PM TheDoctor
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 2199

Restarting at Forum
Posted: 12 Jun 2017 09:38 PM
Not been here for some years but still using MM (2.6 I think) in great numbers to make "flyovers", but it becomes increasingly hard as old computers finally die and new computers make it hard to do smart things in MM.

Finally my trusted MM in Vista has ceased to operate correctly (keeps freezing) and seems it happened just after I installed Wondershare video converter as there was a warning sign about "missing handle" when I started up converter for first time.

Obviously my files need to be converted to MP4 to work on web so I need extra step of conversion but I KNOW how to edit in MM and don't want to change to something new.

What is the experience of others here? - are people still using MM despite all the disincentives?

My New APP
FrodeFender is not online. Last active: 6/23/2017 4:31:02 PM FrodeFender
Total Posts: 18

Re: Restarting at Forum
Posted: 23 Jun 2017 03:38 PM
Moviemaker (Vista Version 6.0) for life!! Hehehe SmileyRuns on my Windows 7 like a charm!

Try to disable third party video/sound codecs in your Preferences Settings in your Moviemaker program. You can safely disable ALL that is listed because Moviemaker uses Microsofts own internal encoders/decoders.

I made to many high quality effects/transitions to mmv 6.0 to just turn my back on it. And, like you, I KNOW the software in and out! Smiley

TCB from me! Smiley
-FrodeFender
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Restarting at Forum