[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > "Sorry, Movie Maker Can't Open This Project File..." Error    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: "Sorry, Movie Maker Can't Open This Project File..." Error
dhobeika is not online. Last active: 6/5/2017 3:09:55 PM dhobeika
Total Posts: 1

"Sorry, Movie Maker Can't Open This Project File..." Error
Posted: 01 Jun 2017 12:51 AM
I was creating a movie in Windows Live Movie maker 2011 that was taking me several days, My computer was running very slowly so I did a disk clean up, and after doing so, I was unable to open the movie maker file I had been working on.

The error message I'm receiving is "Sorry, movie maker can't open this project file. The file might not be compatible with movie maker or be corrupted. Please select a different project file."

I have tried this solution: http://movies.blainesville.com/2012/05/how-to-fix-error-80004003-in-windows.html and tried to remove video clips that had a start point (inTime) after the ending point (outTime) in Notepad and then resaved the file as .wlmp.

Still, nothing is working. Any ideas? I hate to be out of days of work and have to restart.

Thanks in advance!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > "Sorry, Movie Maker Can't Open This Project File..." Error