[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Questions about the fate of Movie Maker    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Questions about the fate of Movie Maker
lonelyheroine is not online. Last active: 4/3/2017 1:22:40 PM lonelyheroine
Total Posts: 28

Questions about the fate of Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2017 10:39 AM
I'm glad that I was able to click on tech support at last. For the past several days, I couldn't get into any threads on this board at all. I noticed that we are seemingly being shut out of Movie Maker so that we have to upgrade to a paid version. I double that it's just a co-incidence that my Movie Maker isn't functioning the way it should and the very recent adverts that have popped up talking about the coming upgrade. When I try to get into my projects, I get a message that "Movie Maker as stopped working." Then Microsoft says it will try to find the source of the problem. This is hastily followed by closing Movie Maker altogether and it just vanishes. Several more attempts to open the MM are futile. I am hoping that these are all coincidences and we will not be forced to upgrade against our will and" fork over the dough" as it were. I don't have a credit card, so it makes no difference what this upgrade costs or how inexpensive it is. A lot of us have put a great deal of work into our projects and will be rather upset if this is all true.

Thanks

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

-----Evanescence: My Immortal.
neophyte is not online. Last active: 11/22/2017 8:30:14 AM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20181

Re: Questions about the fate of Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2017 08:02 PM
Movie Maker is no longer being supported by Microsoft and I'm not aware of any plans they have to replace or upgrade it. Thus, you will not need to upgrade to continue to access existing projects. We just need to try to figure out why your version of Movie Maker is crashing. If you haven't done so, try doing a System Restore back to a date when Movie Maker was working normally.

Are the adverts you mentioned the ones that are displayed in these forums? If they are, they are for third party programs.

I also have had problems posting in the forums. I suspect it is due to a combination of factors(e.g., forum software, web host, etc) and it's a coincidence that your Movie Maker also stopped working.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
lonelyheroine is not online. Last active: 4/3/2017 1:22:40 PM lonelyheroine
Total Posts: 28

Re: Questions about the fate of Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2017 09:45 PM
Thanks so much for explaining all the questions. I appreciate that you always reply--and pretty fast, actually. I'll take your advise about the crashing. Thanks again.

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

-----Evanescence: My Immortal.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Questions about the fate of Movie Maker