[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Movie Maker Upgrade Gone Wrong    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Movie Maker Upgrade Gone Wrong
wills_bills is not online. Last active: 1/8/2017 9:38:18 AM wills_bills
Total Posts: 1

Movie Maker Upgrade Gone Wrong
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 09:30 AM
Hello, I recently upgraded to the 2016 version of Movie Maker. However, it now says I have a trial version, I have been using Movie Maker since I originally got my laptop as a gift around 6 years ago. I have used a program called 'Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder' to find my registration code, as Movie Maker asked for, because the laptop was a gift, I don't have the 'licensed e-mail'. I was wondering if there was any way to downgrade to a previous version which might still have my registration code, or a way to find the email. Or just a way to bypass the registration. I know I can use the trial version, but I can't save videos with it, which I need to be able to do. If you need any details I can provide them, or answer any questions.
neophyte is not online. Last active: 1/22/2017 8:18:23 AM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20113

Re: Movie Maker Upgrade Gone Wrong
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forums.

The latest version of Movie Maker from Microsoft is Windows Movie Maker 2012 and it is included as part of Windows Essential 2012 program suite. You can download it here. Thus, you appear to have a different program. To get back to the earlier version of that program. you could try doing a System Restore back to a date before you updated to the 2016 version.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Movie Maker Upgrade Gone Wrong