[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?
CO novice is not online. Last active: 5/20/2015 1:42:41 PM CO novice
Total Posts: 1

How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?
Posted: 20 May 2015 01:42 PM
I wanted to do a Screen Capture, so found with a search of available programs and a Wiki answers page that came up about what was available for Windows 7, that for Windows 7 it seemed the program to install would be Windows Media Encoder. However after installing that program, then capturing a screen session on my computer and saving the file from the Encoder, it has created the file as a .wme file. It doesn't seem to have a way to save the file as anything else.

Windows Movie Maker just tells me that it doesn't support that kind of file -- another problem I guess of Microsoft putting products out there that do not even work with one another?!

Is there any way to convert this .wme file or should I instead be using another program (for future screen captures) and just forget about ever being able to use that screen session? I have Windows 7.
fayfen is not online. Last active: 11/14/2017 7:00:16 AM fayfen
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 903

Re: How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?
Posted: 21 Jul 2015 03:19 AM
WME file is a session settings file , I don't think it holds and screen video. how many MB is your wme file?
RichardGarcia is not online. Last active: 8/15/2017 7:13:03 AM RichardGarcia
Total Posts: 1

Re: How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?
Posted: 15 Aug 2017 07:12 AM
I always wondered why people are so lazy and do not spend five more minutes on browsing previous threads.
I wrote about Windows Encoder conversion many times in particular wme files. I am not an essay writer who gets satisfaction from writing content many times.

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > How to convert Windows Encoder .wme files so Windows Live Movie Maker Can Use Them?