[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > RehanFX does not show PIP in the first frame    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: RehanFX does not show PIP in the first frame
deejay808 is not online. Last active: 2/24/2015 8:24:58 AM deejay808
Total Posts: 1

RehanFX does not show PIP in the first frame
Posted: 24 Feb 2015 06:03 AM
Hi,

I'm trying the PIP add-on from Rehan to edit a drum movie. I added the feetcam as a pip in the left bottom corner. Having 2 movies with equal length, I noticed that the pip movie is shifted 1 frame to the right; meaning that the first frame is the main movie without the pip and the last frame is a full-screen image of the pip movie.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks!
David
WaterBug is not online. Last active: 6/2/2015 8:54:45 PM WaterBug
Total Posts: 9

Re: RehanFX does not show PIP in the first frame
Posted: 22 May 2015 10:58 AM
I don't know if I can help you, I am in no way an expert on Movie Maker.

I am not familiar with Rehan's PIP FXs, but I have my own PIP FXs based on a Papa John news letter that I have modified for my own use.

My PIP FX is considered by MM to be a transition and is added to the transition line not directly to the video like a 'pixel' FX for example. There for, it (in my opinion) needs at least 1 frame of the next video to transition to. If there is no next video, it assumes itself to be the next video so that you lose a frame at the beginning of your main video and gain a frame after as your PIP video. I'm only guessing about the reason it happens.

My solution has been; after I render my PIP project, I reopen the new video as a new project and edit out the extra frames and then re-render the project. If you are trying to make this as part of a larger project you may want to do as I have just said separably, saving your progress to your project so far, and then adding that edited video to your main project. This how I do it.

I hope this will work for you.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > RehanFX does not show PIP in the first frame