[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?
JoeZ is not online. Last active: 10/7/2014 10:02:12 AM JoeZ
Total Posts: 26

Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?
Posted: 11 Jan 2014 11:06 AM
apparently not due to obscure security issues----

but it is available on this web site, right?

I'm quite happy with MM 6 on my old Vista machine- other than it won't load .mp4 files the way Live will...

So, should risk installing Live? I know there are many programs available for converting files from one type into another, but it would be much nicer to do everything with one program.

I could also purchase a commercial program- it's not about the money, I'm just not sure which program.

for someone like me who is happy with MM6 and only needs to load .mp4 files, which commercial program is best? I don't need advanced features, just an easy editing program which has no problem with .mp4 files

too bad MS didn't simply upgrade MM6 to work with .mp4 files....
Joe
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?
Posted: 11 Jan 2014 10:10 PM
I would just go for the conversion of your files to .wmv and then using WMM 6.0. Freemake Video Converter works well for this task, but you just need to be sure to do a Custom Install and uncheck any add-ons you don't want.

You can install Movie Maker 2011 on a Vista machine. It installs side-by-side with WMM 6.0 so you can actually use either one as the needs of your project dictate. You won't be able to use a project started in the later version, but you can use the video it creates in WMM 6.0.

If you are looking for a commercial program, I would suggest trying a trial version of Nero Video. It has quite a few features and the trial is free. If it looks useful, then after 30 days you can decide to upgrade for about $24.95 (I think) to the full version. You can do picture-in-picture and other cool things in there that you can't easily do in Movie Maker.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
psychedalien is not online. Last active: 1/19/2015 6:49:59 PM psychedalien
Total Posts: 14

Re: Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?
Posted: 19 Jan 2015 06:37 PM
Hi use k-lite codec full not the mega!!!!
See: http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

It is free!!!!!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > Windows Live MM no longer offered/supported by MS?