[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker
Turquoise is not online. Last active: 12/29/2013 11:16:48 AM Turquoise
Total Posts: 10

convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 03:02 PM
I took videos using my digital camera. The videos are in a MOV format.
I tried, but cannot import MOV files into Windows Movie Maker.
Please advise me as to what conversion program I can use to convert a
MOV video file to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker.
Thank you.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24221

Re: convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 03:11 PM
I believe I previously gave you a suggestion about Freemake Audio Converter for an .mp3 file with which you were having problems. They have a similar converter (Freemake Video Converter) for video that should be able to turn your .mov files into .wmv format.

Freemake Video Converter is at freemake.com. I would recommend only installing the program and not any add-ons it offers to install.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
Turquoise is not online. Last active: 12/29/2013 11:16:48 AM Turquoise
Total Posts: 10

Re: convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 03:44 PM
Thank you Blaine for helping me again!
I really appreciate your advice.
Sandy
monica66 is not online. Last active: 7/3/2015 1:04:47 AM monica66
Total Posts: 17

Posted: 15 Jun 2015 04:12 AM
Well, although Movie Maker can support MOV, the highly compressed H.264 encoded .mov is not ideal for editing yet. If you're getting caught by the editing issues of MOV footage, we definitely recommend you a solution- converting H.264 MOV to WMV with Brorsoft Video Converter.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > convert MOV video file from my digital camera to a video format compatible with Windows Movie Maker