[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > I CANT SAVE MY FILE ; THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: I CANT SAVE MY FILE ; THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!
BlueeCloudz is not online. Last active: 4/28/2012 9:13:38 PM BlueeCloudz
Total Posts: 4

I CANT SAVE MY FILE ; THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!
Posted: 09 Mar 2012 08:21 AM
Okayy this is kind of a long story so Ill try to make it
as short as possible...
BE AWARE IVE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING !!

[ OVERVIEW ]
Well my videos were working great about a month ago
Then I was trying to find different EFFECTS for my video
coz the default ones were gettin boring ; In my search I stumbled across this video

[WATCH THIS VIDEO]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivkRl5awRc <--DISLIKE THE F**K OUT OF THIS

^ I did all the steps this guy sed and basically around the time I tried it ;
My Movie Maker started f**king up...

[ WHAT HAPPENS ]
Everything is there ; like I can view my videos and shitt like that ; i can
play audio tracks ; I have heaps of space, and plus the video is only like 3mins
So i KNOW its none of those ; Its literally got nothing to do with DISK SPACE,
THE FILE ITSELF, THE DESTINATION THING OR EXCEEDING SIZE...
Also I can view my video when I click on it ; But when I put it on My Timeline
I can't see it ; Only can hear the Audio.. I think it may have something to do
with Codecs or some shitt ; coz i messed around with them..

Please watch the video ; coz thats what I did what he said ; and after it
I all these problems started Happening !!

SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT UNTIL THIS GUY HAPPEN !!

Re: I CANT SAVE MY FILE ; THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!
Posted: 09 Mar 2012 08:32 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT EVERYONE ; SORRY THAT WAS WRONG
IT WASNT THAT VIDEO ; IT WAS SOME EFFECTS VIDEO I
COULDNT FIND IT !! LMAOO SORRYYY ABOUT THAT HAHAHA
BUT UMM !! what happen was I downloaded a whole new
Movie Maker that actually had all the effects ; But it was like
a ZIP File !! So yeahh !! But agaiin i think its the Codecs ;
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !! :)
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/23/2014 1:15:13 AM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 23974

Posted: 09 Mar 2012 09:45 AM
The first thing I would do is do a System Restore. I would go back to a time before you did all this "repairing". I would definitely not recommend anyone follow the steps in that video, especially not the part about loading various codec packs. Most codec packs cause a heck of a lot more problems, incompatibilities, crashes, malware, etc. than they ever solve.

Okay, assuming your system is back to its original state... what is your original problem? If it is just that you are having problems with projects saving, here are some things to check:

1) It's best if you only work with .wmv video files. If you have other file types, use something like Freemake Video Converter to convert them to .wmv. One note, if you decide to install Freemake Video Converter (freemake.com), uncheck any add-ons it offers to install; you don't need any browser toolbars or the like.

2) If you have .mp3 audio, consider converting it to .wma. Certain .mp3 files aren't 100% compatible and behave strangely in WMM. If you see this (or have problems saving), convert to .wma.

3) If you have lots of pictures, be sure you keep under about 100. WMM 2.1 doesn't handle memory well and especially has problems if there are too many photos. Break your project into smaller parts (doing 100 photos at a time, for example) and then combine the resulting .wmv files at the end (in a final master project).

4) If you have a complex project (lots of transitions, effects, etc.) consider the smaller projects just like #3.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 07:04 AM
Okaay so I did what u sed, I used this system restore thing,and it was an EPIC FAILL!! thanks for trying anyways, also All those suggestions are not the problem, I just can't save or see my videos when I add the videos to the timeline, EVERYTHING ELSE IS COMPLETELY FINEE!!
I told u it was next to impossible, But one again thanks for the help !!
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/23/2014 1:15:13 AM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 12:49 PM
Are all your files converted to .wmv format (for video) and .wma (for audio)? That's the most common cause of not being able to save.

Blaine
YouTube videos

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 09:12 PM
yes, OMG... do I really have to continue telling you that there is no problem except for the fact that I cant save, goshhhh !! im sorry if I sound rude but Im just really frustrated!! again thanks for your input
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 04:22 AM
So you're telling me you have a screwed up system that won't do a System Restore. Also, you can't confirm whether you are *only* using .wmv video and .wma audio files in your project except to say "there is no problem".

I'm not at your PC so I don't know what you have tried. I don't know what specific error messages you are seeing. Generally the most common causes of not being able to save are:
1) Too complex a project - this seems unlikely given your length.
2) Using incompatible file types - this is a possibility, but you've indirectly implied you are only using .wma and .wmv files. If this is not true, consider testing a project just with .wmv video and see if you get different symptoms.
3) Conflicting codecs perhaps from having loaded codec packs on your system - go to Tools > Options > Compatiblity, click reset and uncheck any unneeded filters.
4) Too many photos in your project (WMM 2.1 tends to fail to save after about 100 photos).

Other than that, try www.papajohn.org > Problem Solving > Can't Save Movie.
Another site with relevant information on problem solving WMM 2.1 is www.desilucy.com

If you want further help, please provide specifics on what other projects you've tried and whether they have saved, whether you have converted all your source files to .wmv/.wma, exactly how many clips are in your project, where they came from, file type, etc.

Blaine
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > I CANT SAVE MY FILE ; THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!