[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > storyboard shows blank black screen    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: storyboard shows blank black screen
beribets is not online. Last active: 10/30/2011 2:58:39 PM beribets
Total Posts: 1

storyboard shows blank black screen
Posted: 30 Oct 2011 03:00 AM
After importing pictures into the collections and then dragging them to the timeline, I cannot see them in the storyboard screen. When I play the movie everything is a black screen with the title of the picture on top. This is my first time using WMM. I have tried re-importing, different pictures, all various file types and get the same thing. Help please! Thanks
jimcatton is not online. Last active: 10/30/2011 10:38:06 AM jimcatton

Re: storyboard shows blank black screen
Posted: 30 Oct 2011 10:38 AM
had the same problem today, everything worked fine until today? No files will work now, old or new?
neophyte is not online. Last active: 5/1/2012 9:53:46 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 19914

Re: storyboard shows blank black screen
Posted: 30 Oct 2011 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forums.

If you have a Nvidia card, see this thread for a potential fix.

If you don't have a Nvidia card or that fix doesn't help, try converting your video files to wmv format using Freemake (it's a free download).

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Elly Huhle is not online. Last active: 11/18/2011 9:30:35 PM Elly Huhle

Re: Window Movie Maker clips show up as green frames instead of image
Posted: 13 Nov 2011 04:12 PM
I would be greatful if someone could help me with my problem.
I am trying to make a movie with my videio clips on Window Movie Maker version 5.1 and after I import the clips and drag them into the story board a green frame instead of the image shows up. When I play the clips only the audio comes up but no picture.
I have taken these clips with my camera (MOV) and converted them into AVI frame. They play well on Window media player.
I should also mention when I play the clip from the collection pane I can play and see it, however I can not play or view it from the story board. All the videios are in the Collection (under Task) and I can only move one clip at the time into the middle to drop into the storyboard. When I move another clip to the middle it drops the other clip, however it stays in the collection e.g. I only always show one clip in the middle part, this clip I can play before dropping it into the storyboard.
I hope this is not to confusing the way I have explained it, as you can guess I am new to making movies.
Thank you. Elly
neophyte is not online. Last active: 5/1/2012 9:53:46 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 19914

Re: Window Movie Maker clips show up as green frames instead of image
Posted: 13 Nov 2011 11:47 PM
Elly Huhle - welcome to the forums.

Try converting your mov files to wmv format as the codec being used to encode the video in the avi file isn't supported by Movie Maker. If the converter you're using doesn't convert files to wmv format, then try using Freemake (it's a free download).

FYI, version 5.1 refers to the version of Windows you have (i.e., Windows XP). Version 2.1 is the latest version of Movie Maker for Windows XP.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > storyboard shows blank black screen