[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Other Software  > Microsoft Producer  > want to transfer video files from PC to HDR-PJ30V handy cam    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: want to transfer video files from PC to HDR-PJ30V handy cam
Brijesh Kumar is not online. Last active: 9/25/2011 10:15:53 PM Brijesh Kumar
Total Posts: 2

want to transfer video files from PC to HDR-PJ30V handy cam
Posted: 25 Sep 2011 10:15 PM
I bought HDR-PJ30V handy cam from Sony. It has projector and I am not able to play any other file which is not belong from HDR-PJ30V handy cam. Please advice how I can play movies or other file into HDR-PJ30V handy cam so I will be able to use projector.

When I am importing video files from CAM to PC, It is giving me .m2ts and .modd files.
If I am doing transfer thought PBM the same file which I imported from CAM, I will be able to do transfer from PC to CAM, but my problem is that I am not able to do transfer other files(Video songs or movies ), because other files are not having .MODD file with them.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: want to transfer video files from PC to HDR-PJ30V handy cam
Posted: 26 Sep 2011 02:08 PM
I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with that camcorder. I did read a little on their website and in the manual, but it didn't give many details on how one would edit video on a PC and then put the files back on the camcorder for playing on the projector.

The .m2ts files are AVCHD format. I'm not sure what the .modd files are for or if you need them for playback. You might try using a video converter (e.g. Freemake Video Converter) to convert your files to AVCHD format and see if those files will play on the projector. Alternatively, I would check with Sony support or perhaps their forums. Let us know what you find out because that sounds like a very interesting camcorder.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
MarcHD is not online. Last active: 2/23/2012 5:12:36 PM MarcHD
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 05:12 PM
Had same problem with a CX-700.
Answer from Sony: video files recorded on this handycam contains a unique encrypted code.
So you may copy back files from your PC to your handycam IF YOU DO NOT touch it with any SW.
Once edited on your PC and copied back to tour handycam, it will not play (to prevent any damage to your handycam...)!!!
I wonder why Sony produces any camcorder with projector if it is only allowed to play rushes...
FYI: MOFF contains what is needed for "extended thumbnails".
MODD contains a kind of "EXIF" info such as GPS data. (This data is extracted from the AVCHD files)
Anyhow that's what I understood reading may posts on the subjetc...
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 05:25 PM
I can understand their rationale, but perhaps they could have provided software of their own to transcode video to an acceptable format adding a lot of benefit to having a projector on the camera.

Anyway, thank you so much, MarcHD for the updated information.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
dboanca62 is not online. Last active: 10/24/2014 8:00:20 AM dboanca62

Posted: 20 Oct 2014 08:10 AM
Hope works on HDR-PJ30V also....I have a HDR-PJ200B and I'm happy now !

After no success with maybe all AVCHD authoring software I found a way and I was mad I did't try it from start.
So, I used " Movie Studio Platinum 13" to create a AVCHD movie from a mov/mp4 video saved as AVCHD to hard drivre.
After that I used "export" option to SD from "PlayMemories Home" and magic ! ....I could play it on my Sony HDR-PJ200B.
InstoneMedia is not online. Last active: 2/21/2015 12:40:10 PM InstoneMedia

Posted: 21 Feb 2015 12:40 PM
Thank you. PlayMemories Export worked! I've been looking for way to solve this for a while now! I just put an edited video back and played it on the camera projector.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Other Software  > Microsoft Producer  > want to transfer video files from PC to HDR-PJ30V handy cam