[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > grrrrr    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: grrrrr
jonnyboi is not online. Last active: 4/28/2007 4:19:21 AM jonnyboi
Total Posts: 30

grrrrr
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 01:14 PM
to be quite honest im fed up.
i need to EASILY censor parts of a video. Ive found NOTHING
i need to EASILY add a logo to a corner of my video like WWE ans SKY TV, Ive found nothing

can ne1 help?

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
Persian Poet Gal is not online. Last active: 12/28/2006 4:05:18 PM Persian Poet Gal
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 307

Re: grrrrr
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 05:58 PM
Actually there are quite alot of duplicate posts of the two you just mentioned. But I'll help you out. This is what you need to do ;).

Censor:

Here's the code you're going to need eventually-

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Effects>
<EffectDLL guid="{4CCEA634-FBE0-11D1-906A-00C04FD9189D}">
<Effect name="Censor" iconid="19">
<Param name="MaxSquare" value="25" />
<Param name="Progress" value="1.0" />
</Effect>
</EffectDLL>
</Effects>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Go through this file path C:/Program Files/Movie Maker/Shared and create a folder called AddOnTFX. Then open notepad copy and paste the codes in the post I hyperlinked to. Click "save as" and click the drop down menu under "save as type" and select "all files" and enter a save name like this "name.xml" in the file path shown above (the .xml extension is because the file needs to be in that format). Make sure if movie maker is open to restart it so all the new content is loaded (in this case check the effects section ;). To control the location of the censor you can download Rehan's Split Transitions.

Logo:

Go to glow's post on the topic and follow what is instructed (just make sure when pasting the coding has no spaces in between as the code in this post does).

Hopefully I've outlined the two processes as clearly as I could if you're still having trouble you can go to www.papajohn.org and view my tutorial "XML the Beginning" under Editing>the Persian Page (you'll see it at the bottom of the page).

Need help with xml?
~Come visit The Persian Page~

Currently offline due to broadening my horizons at highschool :)!
jeb314 is not online. Last active: 2/5/2007 11:36:48 PM jeb314
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 251

Posted: 21 Aug 2005 08:05 PM
If you want to censor frame by frame, make your own censor graphic and use LSMaker to add it on. Copy your graphic into the picts folder, choose the option Clash or Image, and censor frame by frame.

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 07:30 AM
look Persian Poet Gal, ive ive added the censor effect, and rehans transition thingy, but i need to choose EXACTLY where to censor, not a set heart shape in the middle!

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 07:38 AM
im also having trouble adding a logo

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
Persian Poet Gal is not online. Last active: 12/28/2006 4:05:18 PM Persian Poet Gal
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 03:40 PM
Well many of rehans transitions would work all you would have to do is make a copy of the clip you want to censor and add the effect to the duplicate. Then using the horizontal, vertical, inset, or rectangle to somewhat dictate where you want the censor to be ;). Jeb's suggestion for more surgically accurate censoring is one you could definetely try, you just need a bit more patience for that particular one. As far as logo's it's simple. Open your photo program copy the logo you need and save it as mylogo.gif (which is as glow put it in the post) and save it in your newly created AddOnTFX folder. If your photo program does not have gif as one of the formats to save in then use a picture converter such as Irfan to convert it to gif. Hopefully this better explains the two processes.

Need help with xml?

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 04:11 PM
rehans censors have set shapes and positions

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 04:34 PM
Here's a clip using censor and rehan's split: rectangle transition. Hope your project turns out ok, just keep researching that's the key ;). Don't forget jeb's suggestion by the way.

Need help with xml?

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 04:45 PM
i dnt get jebs suggestion and i see how u censored but wot about like i have just one persons face in an odd space on da screen dat i need 2 censor, how would i censor dat 1 part as supposed to just one part in the middle like in dat vid u showed me.

also i did wot u said wid da logo, and i dnt no how to add it to da corner of my screen

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 05:32 PM
As far as I'm aware you can change the size values to compensate for the location of the split by editing this line <Param name="Progress" value="x" /> and the <Param name="MaskNum" value="x" /> and entering different values (this is a bit on difficult side and requires reading up on at this link. The logo by the way can be found in your Titles and Credits section of movie maker. All you need to do is add it as a title overlay by saying title on clip. If these two challenges are becoming too hassle some for you, I'd be very willing to edit the select part of the footage you need :), just upload it with KoolPages, SiteSled, or any other file uploader you can find.

Need help with xml?

www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 03:25 AM
Also before I forget these 4 lines are also the dominate factors in controlling the size and location of the split (this is on the complex side so definetely read the article for tips and guidelines):

<Param name="ScaleX" value="x" />
<Param name="ScaleY" value="y" />
<Param name="OffsetX" value="x" />
<Param name="OffsetY" value="y" />

Just wanted to post it up ;)just in case you wanted to try it yourself.

Need help with xml?

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 03:28 AM
still, changing the size of the shape doesnt move it, it would just censor a smaller space
as with the logo, how do i add it using titles and credits, is it a title animation or do i copy and paste a code (bearing in mind there is limited writing space)

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 03:42 AM
also, ive sved the my logo xml file into add on tfx and saved the logo itself in shared and cant find "MyLogo" anywhere in the title animations, which is where it is supposed to be found according to dat ova guys thread, u just type a space as the title and select MyLogo as the animation

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 03:50 AM
Yes it's tricky but the last four I just mentioned are the ones that would accomplish moving the location better. First things first any code you're going to copy has to be done by creating that AddOnTFX folder I mentioned in the process outlined above. Now the logo can be done by copying glow's code and pasting in Notepad and saving in the new AddOnTFX folder:

<Titles>
<TitleDLL guid="{353359C1-39E1-491b-9951-464FD8AB071C}">
<Title name="@My Logo" iconid="13" EffectID="{102BA5E7-886C-42a0-A32B-D564B22436CD}"
comment="http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=12624">
<Param name="InternalName" value="TitleMultiTitles"/>
<Param name="Description" value="Puts mylogo.gif in bottom right corner"/>
<Param name="LogoBitmapFilename" value="mylogo.gif"/>
<Param name="LogoRect" value="0.8 0.8 0.2 0.2"/>
<Paragraph>
<Param name="IsOneLine" value="true"/>
<Param name="BoundingRect" value="0.1 0.075 0.8 0.15"/>
<Param name="MaxCharacterCount" value="32"/>
</Paragraph>
<Paragraph>
<Param name="IsOneLine" value="true"/>
<Param name="BoundingRect" value="0.1 0.25 0.8 0.1"/>
<Param name="MaxCharacterCount" value="32"/>
</Paragraph>
</Title>
</TitleDLL>
</Titles>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Next open your photo program and make an appropriately sized logo (probably around 65 x 65 pixels) and save it as mylogo in the .gif format in your new AddOnTFX folder.

Finally, if Movie Maker is open restart the program look under the Titles and Credits section and look for something like my logo and choose to add the title on the clip. Then increase the length of the overlay by dragging the side. Whew I've had some typing practice today lol! Hope this time does the trick ;).

Need help with xml?

www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 03:59 AM
Don't forget to save the code as mylogo.xml. You need the .xml extension because that is the format it needs to be saved in.

Need help with xml?

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 04:08 AM
WOOHOO I DUN IT *[does a dance, sings WooHoo by Blur and does air guitar]*

now, help me position the censoring, do i edit the code?

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 04:12 AM
or edit a code, also what do i do if the object im censoring moves?

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 04:31 AM
Glad you figured out the logo :), what's interesting was you were correct something was wrong. When I copied glow's code I noticed that glow accidently repeated a line.

Anyway, now you can make a copy of the particular split you want or a new split and open up a new window in Notepad with the .xml extension.

Try and come up with something like this:

<Transitions>
<TransitionDLL guid="{DE75D012-7A65-11D2-8CEA-00A0C9441E20}">
<Transition name="SPLIT: Random" iconid="whichever">
<Param name="MaskNum" value="whichever" />
<Param name="ScaleX" value="x" />
<Param name="ScaleY" value="y" />
<Param name="OffsetX" value="x" />
<Param name="OffsetY" value="y" />
<Param name="Progress" value="however much" />
<Param name="BorderSoftness" value="however much" />
</Transition>
</TransitionDLL>
</Transitions>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Here's what it means (id references can be obtained at this msdn link -
iconid= you can stick with the icons rehan has choosen
"MaskNum Value"= this is where you enter the id of the split you want to use.
"Progress Value"= states at which point of the split transition it should freeze at (this can be use to increase the size of the shape).
"Scale X and Y Values"= this states the size of the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the transition (it also can modify the size but depends on the progress value heavily, think of an x and y graph with points and lines you see in algebra).
"Offset X and Y Values"= this states the exact location of the split using the horizontal and vertical lines of axis (think of an x and y graph with points and lines you see in algebra).
"BorderSoftness Value"= self explainatory it controls how soft or sharp the shape is.

This pretty much sums it up.

Need help with xml?

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 04:56 AM
huh?

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 01:51 PM
Yes huh quite describes it accurately lol! It is a bit mind boggling but the best I can say is to either figure out the madness, make due with the already programmed transitions, or if you're at the end your rope ask myself or PapaJohn or whomever for assistance with editing the footage :).

Need help with xml?

considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 02:26 PM
Given that you have a moving object that you need to censor, I think that jeb's suggestion of using LSMaker is a good one. LSMaker is intended for frame by frame editing (usually for adding a lightsaber to your footage) but it would work for overlaying any sort of image frame by frame. For example, if you made a little 'uh-oh' or 'censored' image in a rectangle, you could go frame by frame and specify the location.

Search for 'LSMaker' either on these forums or via Google, and you'll find it easily. It is freeware and has some quirks... you may have to convert your .avi file to an unconverted .avi using VirtualDub for it to read correctly in LSMaker, but the steps are explained in other posts here under 'LSMaker'.

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 25 Aug 2005 05:09 PM
ive downloaded lsmaker but i dnt no how to add a censor using it

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 25 Aug 2005 06:03 PM
What steps did you try?

You'll need to create a 'censor' image in your favorite image editing program (e.g. IrfanView or Paint). For example you could create a black rectangle with the word 'Censored' in it, or whatever. Save it into the picts folder.

Open up your video and choose the option Clash or Image. Add the censor image frame by frame, then save at the end.

More details can probably be found on the LSMaker site.

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 31 Aug 2005 04:37 AM
it probably aint workin cos i downloaded the wrong 1. when i downloaded LSMaker it said the zip file was corrupt, could ne1 please PM me the zip file, or the LSMaker itself?

IrwinVideos.com
===Lil John===
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > grrrrr