[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Saving project as a video???????    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Saving project as a video???????
cake is not online. Last active: 9/2/2011 11:14:23 PM cake
Total Posts: 2

Saving project as a video???????
Posted: 02 Sep 2011 05:52 PM
Hey guys, to start, I've been looking on the internet for 3 hours to figure out how to publish a 13 second movie so I'm frustrated.

I have a few problems.

1. I want to edit a video taken with my Sony digital camera ( Cyber Shot) a new one, and then upload it to youtube. and youtube of course wont take it unless its is just as is from the camera no editing at all.

2. I made a time lapse video and I want to share it. I followed the directions and made the video. Great. So I try to publish and i get an error saying
"Butterfly.wmv wasnt published successfully
then there is a little picture of hot air balloons on the left and next to it says
The following problem occurred in your movie: (0x80048fA)"

I look up what the problem might be and they say to convert it to a movie file since it is just a project with pictures. So I do exactly what they say to do. But when I look at the grey lettering next to the icon in the folder it is in, it says project.

Anyway, I try to upload straight through the youtube uploader, says there is a problem with my file type and audio. ( it says the same thing for my videos from the camera too)

So I dont know what to do..Ive been at this for a while and nothing is working. ive gone on youtube to see if I did something wrong in the process of making the time lapse video and nope. I did everything right. My movie maker just seems to hate me lol.

Im using windows 7 home premium
and i'm using windows live movie maker.

considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 12/20/2014 12:50:55 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24161

Re: Saving project as a video???????
Posted: 02 Sep 2011 07:32 PM
Are you sure you copied all the digits/letters in that error code?

I think the problem is with your source video from the camera. It seems like WLMM is having trouble with the format from the camera.

What I would suggest is to convert the file type to .wmv format using something like Freemake Video Converter (free download). Alternatively, it sometimes work to put the video into WLMM with NO edits, then save it as a movie (Home tab > Save As Movie). Save it to your computer (it will be a .wmv).

Double-check the created .wmv file plays as you expect in Windows Media Player. If it does, then use WLMM to make the edits you want and you should be able to publish to YouTube without problem.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
cake is not online. Last active: 9/2/2011 11:14:23 PM cake
Total Posts: 2

Re: Saving project as a video???????
Posted: 02 Sep 2011 10:15 PM
Okay Ill try that out thanks. I didn't know editing a simple movie took so much work..haha :)
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Saving project as a video???????