[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!
M249-M4A1 is not online. Last active: 4/29/2011 12:39:00 AM M249-M4A1
www.cgc-online.net
Total Posts: 2

SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!
Posted: 28 Apr 2011 02:14 AM
Hi everyone! I had recently discovered a possible solution to the many problems that may arise when trying to save your video in Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM).

You may have encountered one or more of these problems:

1) WLMM craps up part-way through saving your video, with a generic error saying your video can't be saved.
2) Same as above, but this time a yellow (!) exclamation point comes up on various clips, and WLMM saying your clip can't be found, when you actually do have the clip
3) Some scenes end up with a BLACK SCREEN, or NO SOUND/FUZZY SOUND, or a combination of all
4) WLMM saying you don't have enough memory to save your video (and then recommends you save your video in a lower resolution)

If this is your situation, you might be in for a treat! I have recorded a video that helps you fight the memory problem in WLMM (this video basically is a way to stop WLMM from consuming too much memory for the save process, which leads to the errors above)

... and it doesn't require you to download or do anything! Just watch, it's all done in WLMM.

Just be aware that this MAY NOT HELP! I have an Intel Core i7-920 with 8 gigs RAM, and a 1 GB ATI HD video card. If you have a very low end computer and low RAM, this has a lower chance of success.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYFcrvOxDA

- M249-M4A1
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!
Posted: 28 Apr 2011 02:37 PM
thanks.... I put a link to your video on my Windows Movie Maker group at facebook.

as the new WLMM 2011 version 'pre-processes' HD sized source clips to make more easily used draft files, and the pre-processing takes lots of memory, I'm wondering if you are not letting WLMM have the time it needs to finish the pre-processing before jumping into the editing and publishing steps.

nicely done video....

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
M249-M4A1 is not online. Last active: 4/29/2011 12:39:00 AM M249-M4A1
www.cgc-online.net
Total Posts: 2

Re: SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!
Posted: 29 Apr 2011 12:38 AM
That's exactly what I'm doing. Editing a video doesn't require as much memory as rendering it, especially in full 1080p and if you have a lot of clips.

By using my method, you can render your video with no problems by not letting WLMM load up the other clips (you should be done editing your video by now). This will save you a lot of frustration.

Of course, this may not work for everyone, but it I have seen a ton of success with my method. Hope this helps everyone!

- M249-M4A1
imazi643 is not online. Last active: 11/1/2011 6:33:49 PM imazi643
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 03:06 PM
Could you describe your process here? Youtube hasn't been working for me lately.
JaredC is not online. Last active: 11/23/2011 3:14:35 AM JaredC

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 03:00 AM
I tried your method and still no luck! It made a slight difference, but not enough. WLMM starts out at about 80 MB at rest, then gets up to 2 GB before crashing during the rendering. This is the first time I've had this issue with WLMM, is this due to a recent update or something? I am experienciing all four of the mentioned problems.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 09:04 PM
A couple other possible workarounds:
1) Convert all your source files to .wmv (for video) and .wma (for audio). Freemake Video Converter does a good job of converting to .wmv format. They have an audio converter for .wma also.
2) Install Windows Movie Maker 6.0 instead of Windows Live Movie Maker 2011. There's an install link in my signature.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
gun1now is not online. Last active: 1/9/2015 12:51:41 PM gun1now

Posted: 09 Jan 2015 12:51 PM
Such a simple fix but makes perfect sense! I think this will work for my issue as my laptop has similar specs to yours. Windows Live Movie Maker is the best (free) video editing software IMHO and easiest to use but the save issues have been unbelievably frustrating to me so I've been making videos that don't look as good using another program just because I can render in 1080p with it. Can't wait to try it when I get home from work today. Thanks for posting this!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Live Movie Maker 2011  > SOLUTION to many of the Windows Live Movie Maker problems when saving your video!