[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Windows Live Movie Maker Display Failure    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Windows Live Movie Maker Display Failure
rayf is not online. Last active: 2/26/2011 3:20:40 PM rayf
Total Posts: 2

Windows Live Movie Maker Display Failure
Posted: 26 Feb 2011 03:20 PM
Am using WLMM and Windows 7 SP1 to edit a video I recorded on a DVR. Transferred recorded video to my PC and converted it to MPEG to edit with WLMM. Have done this several times in the past with no problems. When I try to open it in WLMM all the frames just have the familiar yellow triangle with an explanation point. Double click on one and get an error message with the code "0xC946001C". What little info I could find suggested it might be a codex problem. However, it plays fine in Windows Media Player. The video is a long one - about 2 hours with a 9 GB file size. Does this exceed some limits in WLMM ?
neophyte is not online. Last active: 5/1/2012 9:53:46 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 19914

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker Display Failure
Posted: 26 Feb 2011 09:19 PM
Were the original files dvr-ms files? If they were, try using them without conversion in WLMM and see what happens.

If you haven't done so, make sure you wait a while after you add the file to WLMM in order to give WLMM time to complete it's initial processing of the file.

AFAIK, there's not a file size limit for WLMM, However, depending on your system resources, large files can create resource demands your system can't handle.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Windows Live Movie Maker Display Failure