[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > Re: Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial
Rob is not online. Last active: 12/5/2019 9:04:33 AM Rob
www.windowsmoviemakers.net
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 1889

Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial
Posted: 29 Feb 2004 09:58 AM
Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial

Step through the process of using Windows Movie Maker to create photo slideshows with this 10-minute video. View the tutorial here

Please feel free to provide criticism of the tutorial. This is something of an experiment, which may become a regular addition to Jake Ludington's Digital Lifestyle newsletter, if there seems to be enough interest.

Jake is also open to suggested topics.

Click here to learn more or to subscribe to Jake Ludington's Digital Lifestyle newsletter http://www.jakeludington.com
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial
Posted: 29 Feb 2004 04:21 PM
Overall it's very good. Just a couple critical comments:

- it's better to illustrate the process with good basic Windows habits.... when Jake adds the fade transition to all clips, he should select the transition, do a standard copy (control-C) of the transition, then go to the storyboard and select all the clips on it with a Control-A, and then do a paste (Control-V) and the transition in memory will go onto all of them..... you don't need to add them one at a time to a batch of images.

- slide shows are great for memories. Jake is young (I think) so he can poke fun at the memory of us older people. But I know older people with better memories than younger ones (I'm not one of them). To help all the older people use Movie Maker, he shouldn't jest about their memories.... young people maybe don't know about doing Control-C and V to move things into and out of memory :). Some might have forgotten.

PapaJohn

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
Jakeludington is not online. Last active: 3/14/2007 6:15:14 PM Jakeludington
www.jakeludington.com
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 5

Posted: 01 Mar 2004 10:20 PM
It should be noted that I poke friendly fun at everyone, especially myself, on a regular basis. Just wait for the release of my book, it will be open season on all the bad pictures of me appearing between the covers (of the book, that is).

As someone who spent thousands of hours assisting people in help desk scenarios, I find it to be particularly ineffective to verbally tell people to use keyboard shortcuts.

If there is an effective way to overlay a shot of my hands on the keyboard performing the shortcut, while:
a) maintaining 10fps
b) keeping file sizes down to something I can afford to deliver for free
c) keeping file sizes down to something that won't kill my server
d) minimizing the production time on something I'm doing for free

I'd be all for visually demonstrating every shortcut I can.

In observing the habits of hundreds of people, most prefer the right-click menu or simply dragging and dropping. Even after showing people they could copy and paste from the keyboard in applications like MS Word, I found I was converting maybe 10% of users I came in contact with. There are many exceptions to this generalization, most of which don't need me to educate them on how to use shortcuts dating back to the days of DOS.

Jake Ludington

http://www.jakeludington.com
Kordek is not online. Last active: 12/3/2006 2:38:23 PM Kordek
Total Posts: 43

Posted: 02 Mar 2004 09:37 AM
I think that you did a good job. It's very easy to follow and understand.

I'm hoping that there will be more to come.

Thanks
I'm stupid is not online. Last active: 1/11/2011 4:44:12 AM I'm stupid
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 111

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 04:29 PM
I keep getting a message that says that auto film can't go on because the selected video clip or pictures (and bla bla bla) does not go on for 30 seconds.

But I carefully follow the video instructions in the link above. I have a 3 minute song and 14 pictures.

What should I do?
Top 100 Poster

Posted: 18 Dec 2007 01:33 PM
Please. I desperately need an answer. Surely someone have a guess on what is wrong?
Top 100 Poster

Posted: 18 Dec 2007 01:33 PM
Please. I desperately need an answer. Surely someone have a guess on what is wrong?
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Posted: 18 Dec 2007 03:43 PM
maybe something on my website's Edit Movies > AutoMovie page will help...

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > Re: Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial