[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > Rehan's ShaderTFX - Installation Problem    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Rehan's ShaderTFX - Installation Problem
PhotoMagicCreations is not online. Last active: 9/3/2011 6:51:38 PM PhotoMagicCreations
Total Posts: 7

Rehan's ShaderTFX - Installation Problem
Posted: 19 Aug 2010 06:18 PM
I have Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System and have installed Windows Movie Maker 6.0. I tested the program and published an HD movie. All worked great. I wanted to add Rehan's ShaderTFX and went to his website and downloaded the 64 bit beta file. After I downloaded the file and opened WMM and did not see Rehan's ShaderTFX in effects or transitions. I looked on my computer and noticed that the AddonTFX file was not in the shared file folder in the Program Files (x86)/MovieMaker/Shared folder. So I went to Program Files/MovieMaker/Shared folder and found it there. I copied the folder over to Program Files (x86)/MovieMaker/Shared folder. I then opened WMM and saw the icons in Transition and Effects. However, when I clicked on the icons, it would only show a fade transition. When I click on the original effect and transitions from WMM, they work fine.

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Kelly

neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Re: Rehan's ShaderTFX - Installation Problem
Posted: 19 Aug 2010 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forums.

If you didn't do so, install the 64 bit version of Movie Maker rather than the 32 bit version.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
PhotoMagicCreations is not online. Last active: 9/3/2011 6:51:38 PM PhotoMagicCreations

Posted: 19 Aug 2010 10:58 PM
Neophyte,

Thank you for your reply. I should have mentioned that before. I did download the 64-bit version of Windows Movie Maker.

Can you think of anything else that could be causing the ShaderTFX effects and transition not to work? The transitions only show a fade and the effects just show a black screen.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Kelly

neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 20 Aug 2010 09:58 PM
For the 64 bit version, the files should be installed in the Program Files/MovieMaker/Shared/AddOnTFX folder. If you didn't leave a copy there, try re-installing it to that folder and see what happens.

Posted: 20 Aug 2010 10:46 PM
They are there and I only copied the AddOnTFX folder. I kept the original folder there.

Kelly

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 12:29 PM
Rehan replied to my email, and suggested the following.

Obviously somebody is providing bad or rather incomplete installation files!

Please delete the Windows Movie Maker folder from “C:\Program Files (x86)\”. Or if you like… preseve the AddOnTFX folder in a zip.

Afterwards get the 64 bit version of Windows Movie Maker 6.x from the following site:

http://movies.blainesville.com/2010/05/installing-windows-movie-maker-60-on.html

The Movie Maker should be 64 bit and should be installed in C:\Program Files folder. Afterwards re-install ShaderTFX.

After completing the above, everything was working.

I downloaded a version of Windows Movie Maker from a youtube website that obviously was not a good working version.

Thank you, Rehan, for all your help.

Kelly
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 09:50 PM
Kelly - glad you were able to get it sorted out with the help of Rehan. FYI, I noticed in another post that you had used the file from Youtube that grapemanca had posted. That file included a 32 bit version of Movie Maker rather than the 64 bit version you needed for ShaderTFX to work on your system.

goodyuk is not online. Last active: 3/29/2015 3:40:02 PM goodyuk
Total Posts: 4

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 01:19 PM
I sometimes have a problem with these transistions, whereby I have a balck triangular shap in the top r.h corner of my video cutting across the picture instead of the transition or eefect properly working... it does this quite alot... I am uusing 64 bit on windows 7 and have downloaded the correct versions... can anyone help??

Cheers

goody
Mattbaumann777 is not online. Last active: 7/3/2015 6:24:59 AM Mattbaumann777
Total Posts: 34

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 11:21 PM
I bought the program and installed it but I can't register it. I also get an error when I install it but the transitions still show up. They don't work though, they just make the screen go black. Can anyone help?
RachieRae is not online. Last active: 11/2/2011 1:03:37 AM RachieRae

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 10:31 PM
I can't seem to intall Rehan's ShaderTFX period. I have Windows 7, 64 bit, and Windows Movie Maker 6.0. Everytime I click on the "ShaderTFX version 1.1.045" download button at the webpage ( http://www.rehanfx.org/shader.htm ), nothing happens. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 09:40 PM
RachieRae - welcome to the forums.

I just checked and the download link worked for me. If you haven't done so, try right clicking on the download link and then clicking on "Save Target As" or Save Link As". If that doesn't work, try saving the download to a different folder and, if that doesn't work, try clearing your download history and then trying again. If that doesn't work, see if you can download files from other sites and post back with what happens and which browser you're using.

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 05:46 PM
I've already tried right clicking and clicking on the "Save Target As", but it doesn't work. A box appears that says "Getting File Information", but the box that's suppose to pop up to save the file doesn't appear.

I have Internet Explorer 8, and I can download files from other websites with no problem.

Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but every time I go to the Rehan's ShaderTFX download page, I get a warning from my virus protection saying that there are potential security risks with the site. Does this happen to anyone else?
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 07:50 PM
What is your antivirus program? Do you have the latest virus definitions. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and it reports no issues with the site or the downloads. I suppose you could temporarily turn off your virus protection, or ignore the warning and continue downloading.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 11:19 PM
It's McAfee. It came with my laptop. And that's what I did. I ignored the warning when I tried to download Rehan's ShaderTFX.
DestinyBlade is not online. Last active: 6/29/2012 11:12:21 PM DestinyBlade
Total Posts: 16

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 10:49 PM
I have the same problem! I bought the 64-bit program and when I run the installer it errors and says:

C:\Program Files\RehanFX\ShaderTFX\ShaderTFX.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

I've tried to click ignore and the effects & transitions appear in movie maker but they dont work! Please help me! I really miss movie maker!

I had ShaderTFX for over a year on my laptop (32-bit) but with my new windows 7 desktop (64-bit) i cant install it!
Please help me! I want to be able to make awesome AMVs/GMVs again. It's all i'm good at.
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 01:56 AM
The unlock code works on either version. One thing you should do is run WMM as an administrator when registering.

Blaine
YouTube videos
DestinyBlade is not online. Last active: 6/29/2012 11:12:21 PM DestinyBlade
Total Posts: 16

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 10:26 PM
I emailed Rehan and he said i needed to install DirectX runtime. I did and it worked!!!
mousikos82 is not online. Last active: 7/20/2013 10:51:58 AM mousikos82
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 10:51 AM
hi!
I have Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System and have installed Windows Movie Maker 6.0 for 64 bit.I wanted to do picture in picture job and i downloaded from rehanfx the shader tfx 64 bit.
The problem is that when i open the icons pip in the programm to do the job it would only show a fade transition .Otherwords the picture in picture effect reacts as a fade transition effect.
What am i doing wrong??
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 02:25 PM
The most likely issue is that you didn't install the DirectX runtimes before installing ShaderTFX. Go back to Rehan's pages and find the DirectX runtime link. Install that, then reinstall ShaderTFX. You should see them working after that.

Blaine
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > Rehan's ShaderTFX - Installation Problem