[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).
WarioVsMooChicken is not online. Last active: 3/23/2006 8:40:47 PM WarioVsMooChicken
Total Posts: 35

I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).
Posted: 04 Aug 2005 03:01 PM

Here is a picture show ing what I mean:

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myproblem2pk.jpg

So how would I convert a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM) file to a different kind of video file (Like MPEG, MP4, or anything else you can think of) or how could I save my video as a different kind of file besides "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM)? Please tell me I want to host the video on the Internet and I have yet to find a site that supports "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM) files. I dont care what I have to do/download just please help me.

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~macgregb/limo.jpg - My future car
Poohbear is not online. Last active: 6/17/2007 9:49:29 PM Poohbear
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 31

Re: I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).
Posted: 04 Aug 2005 08:50 PM
yYoure not saving the movie. What that is doing is saving your project file so that if you wanted to quit for the day and continue editing the next you'll be able to continue where you left off.

COMPLETE STEP 3 on the LEFT - YOU MUST use the FINISH the movie.

Under your photo to the left are 3 title steps.

1. CAPTURE / IMPORT

2. EDIT MOVIE

3. FINISH MOVIE

You need to complete step 3 which takes all of you project and allows you to save it as WMV or an DV-AVI file. You cannot save it as a MPEG. If an MPEG is needed then save it as a DV/AVI and then convert it using another utilty or DVD Software. I recommed Sonic MyDVD.

Good luck. Wink
freedoggy77 is not online. Last active: 3/8/2006 11:48:02 AM freedoggy77
Total Posts: 50

Re: I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).
Posted: 08 Aug 2005 09:37 PM
actually, just go to "File/Export Movie" it will save as a .WMV but then you can convert it into an .mpeg file with one of the free progs off the net

Anything you say is beneath me
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > I finnaly got done making a video with Windows Movie Maker I need to save it as a MPEG file but for some reason it will only it only let me save it as a "Windows Movie Maker Project" (*.MSWMM).