[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > same as below... photo and audio timeline questions!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: same as below... photo and audio timeline questions!
cameragirl19 is not online. Last active: 4/17/2009 4:43:22 PM cameragirl19
Total Posts: 3

same as below... photo and audio timeline questions!
Posted: 16 Apr 2009 01:36 PM
I have 2 songs totalling 356 seconds and I have 46 photos as well as the ending credits to include... I am reeeeally annoyed (first time using movie maker) that I don't seem to see any feature that allows you to simply click ...fit timeline to audio or something like that?! Why can't you trim the pictures automatically to fit the length of the songs but you can trim the songs to fit your pics? It would make more sense to do this yet it doesn't seem to have that feature... how do I get it all to fit into my 2 songs perfectly? I'm always stuck with a gap without pictures and lots of song left or lots of pics left with no song! I do NOT want to fade a song... this is NOT GOOD EDITING?! Someone PLEASE help me figure out how to make it all fit in there without ripping movie maker out of my computer!

Yes... its a bad day and I'd love the help!
kathokatho is not online. Last active: 12/29/2011 3:52:08 AM kathokatho
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 6509

Re: same as below... photo and audio timeline questions!
Posted: 16 Apr 2009 04:02 PM
Good editing is doing more manual control of your images and sounds, than relying on software to do it for you. First...I would suggest, since you are using only images...that you use PhotoStory (free from Microsoft)...where you have a little more control over your images and time...and then just work on one song at a time..two seperate projects...then when you have saved them as a .wmv file...you can put those two vids together in MM. Figure out which images you want to use in the first song then divide the seconds by the number of photos to get how many seconds long you want each image. In PS you can also pan and zoom the images to make it more interesting and to highlight the more interesting parts of the photo.

Cuss, act rude... be ungrateful....go ahead, make my day!

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 04:11 PM
My mistake for mentioning editing... I simply want a program to do one simple task. What I want is actually quite simple and doesn't require any fancy panning and zooming, transition effects, etc. Programs need to be simple... two seperate projects?! saving as wmv and then putting two together is already waaaay more work than should be spent on the project I'm doing. I'm a photographer highlighting the photos only so anything else is over the top from the goal... get them to appreciate the work put into taking a pretty picture of their family, not an over the top video but just a simple one to music is all I want to do. No extra fancy things.. just simply matching up the time that the pictures end at the same time the music ends should be a simple job for a program to do... I'm not sure why this program isn't able to do that one simple thing?... "match to timeline" isn't something available? Sorry but I am sooooo ready to toss the program out the window... literally!
kathokatho is not online. Last active: 12/29/2011 3:52:08 AM kathokatho
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 6509

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 01:44 PM
Try Picassa...it's a freebie from Google...here's the info on how to do what you want.

Movies: Include musicPrint
The Movie Maker allows you to add supported audio files to accompany your movies created in Picasa. On the 'Movie Maker' screen, click the Movie tab on the left side. Click the Load button to select the music you'd like to include from your computer. After you've loaded the music for your movie, you have three options for how your photos line up with the music:

Truncate audio: Your selected music will be cut-off at the end of your movie.
FIT PHOTOS INTO AUDIO: Your photos will be "Automatically Timmed" so that they fit within your chosen audio track.

You will not be able to adjust the 'Slide Duration' using this option; each of your photos will be displayed for the same amount of time.

Loop photos to match audio: Your photos will continue to display for the duration of your audio track. Unlike the 'Fit photos into audio' option, each photo will display for length of time you've specified in the 'Slide Duration' section. Photos will loop until the audio track ends.

(You will find that it will be harder to throw away MM ...it is part of the Windows System of intergrated software...I would leave it be.)

Make sure you are using music that is liscensed to you to use, using copyrighted material for a comercial project will surely get you into big trouble. One thing Photo Story has it that you can set the program to create many different styles of original music to play during the duration of your images.

Cuss, act rude... be ungrateful....go ahead, make my day!

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 04:43 PM
Thank you! I'm off to test it out, looks great! I'll just leave windows movie maker on there and wait for them to figure it out and have it as an upgrade!!!!!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > same as below... photo and audio timeline questions!