[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your XP Transitions and Effects!!  > Spinning newspaper effect    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Spinning newspaper effect
Ozzy is not online. Last active: 6/29/2005 5:52:55 AM Ozzy
Total Posts: 2

Spinning newspaper effect
Posted: 28 Jun 2005 08:19 AM
Hi

I'm new to using WMM and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a transition to do the above? I have the pictures of various newspaper pages and want them to spiral into view like you see in some big screen movies.

I've checked through the forum but can't find any info.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 10/25/2014 12:27:21 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24062

Re: Spinning newspaper effect
Posted: 28 Jun 2005 01:08 PM
Do you mean like the spinning newspaper effect of the "Newspaper" title? First add a clip to the timeline. Next go to Tools > Titles and Credits and choose to create a Title on the selected clip and then type a couple lines. Now go down under "More Options" to change the title animation. Choose, "Newspaper". If that is what you want, then there you go.

Alternatively, are you looking for something like the "Spin" transition. Put two images of newspapers on the timeline, then open your "Video Transitions" folder. Drag the "Spin" transition between your two newspapers... now it may go the opposite direction (e.g. spin in rather than spin out), so if this is what you want let us know.

If I just have a better idea of what you want, we can help with the code for a custom transition that will do what you need.

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 10/25/2014 12:27:21 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 08:26 PM
Here's one way to get the desired effect:

First make sure you have created a C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX folder. If not, create it under Shared.

Now copy the following code into Notepad and save it in that directory as spin.xml

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Effects>
<EffectDLL guid="{B4DC8DD9-2CC1-4081-9B2B-20D7030234EF}">
<Effect name="Spin from center" iconid="34" comment="Spin from center">
<Param name="InternalName" value="Simple3D" />
<Param name="InitialScaleA" value="0.05" />
<Param name="ScaleA" value="1.0" />
<Param name="RotateA" value="right" />
<Param name="ExponentialProgressScale" value="0.5" />
</Effect>
</EffectDLL>
</Effects>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Restart Windows Movie Maker.

Assuming you have Newspaper images #1 through #5 (or whatever), put them on the timeline as follows:

#1(spin), #1 > Fade > #2(spin), #2 > Fade > #3(spin), #3 > Fade > #4(spin), #4 > Fade > #5(spin), #5.

#1(spin)
This means put clip #1 on the timeline with the spin effect (right-click and choose "Video Effects" then choose "Spin from center"). Shorten the clip if the spin is too slow.

#1 > Fade
This means put clip #1 on the timeline with no effect (so that you can read it for a few seconds). If you want it longer or shorter, adjust the length. Apply the "Fade" Video Transition between this and the next clip.

#2(spin)
This means put clip #2 on the timeline with the spin effect. Shorten the clip if the spin is too slow.

#2 > Fade
This means put clip #2 on the timeline with no effect. Apply the "Fade" Video Transition between this and the next clip.

Repeat until you have displayed all your newspaper images.

If any of this isn't clear let me know... Scared

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
YouTube videos
Ozzy is not online. Last active: 6/29/2005 5:52:55 AM Ozzy
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 05:52 AM
I think you've hit the nail on the head with the second paragraph. I was aware of the titles and credits method but have the newspaper images that I want to use already.

I saw the spin transition in MM but like you said it spins in rather than out which is the effect I was after. I will try adding the code that has been placed in the thread to see if that is nearer.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this one.
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 12:28 PM
Ideally there would be a way to reverse the spin transition so it goes in instead of out. Unfortunately all my tinkering yesterday didn't achieve the desired result. The ideal is for Clip B(the second clip) to spin in over the top of Clip A(the first clip). But the Simple3D transition only allows for rotation on Clip A... Anyway, I hope the spin effect with the fades will do it for you... I tried it and it worked pretty well for me, so tell me how it goes.

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
YouTube videos
mlharvell is not online. Last active: 11/21/2007 11:18:36 AM mlharvell
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 21 Nov 2007 10:11 AM
Anyone got a movie file to share demonstrating blaine's approach? I am curious to see this - but I'm a click 'n view kind-a-guy. Dunno much beyond turning PC on & off.

I can FTP things, though. And I can unzip and save attachments. So if you have something to share - maybe even brag about - would love to hear about it and see it.

Mike H
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 21 Nov 2007 06:14 PM
I think I can do that...

Clip: Spinning Images Sample
Image: Storyboard Details

Blaine
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your XP Transitions and Effects!!  > Spinning newspaper effect