[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > Changing durration for all pictures at once?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Changing durration for all pictures at once?
dharpaz is not online. Last active: 10/16/2008 7:03:27 AM dharpaz
Total Posts: 2

Changing durration for all pictures at once?
Posted: 14 Oct 2008 01:04 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to change the duration of all the pictures in the movie project.
The setup duration was 5 secondes and I want to change it to 7 s' for all at once.
Isthere any solution?

Thanks

glow is not online. Last active: 11/19/2017 5:16:26 PM glow
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1441

Re: Changing durration for all pictures at once?
Posted: 14 Oct 2008 10:31 PM
If you haven't got many pictures, it could be easier to remove the pictures, set the default duration
Tools > Options > Advanced > Picture Duration
then add the pictures again.

You can use a custom slow down effect to change the duration from 5s to 7s.
This one is based on Blaine's custom speed effects
You can apply an effect to multiple clips in storyboard mode by selecting pics with shift-click or ctrl-clicks then right click on the effect and select copy to storyboard.
Alternatively test on one clip then copy and paste to the others.

<!--
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=188602
glow October 2008
based on
http://movies.blainesville.com/2007/02/custom-speed-effects-for-movie-maker-xp.html
-->
<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Effects>
<EffectDLL guid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}">
<Effect name="Slow down 5/7" iconid="32" speed="0.714286" comment="Slow down 5/7">
</Effect>
</EffectDLL>
</Effects>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

I use Firefox+Greasemonkey scripts for easier editing of forum posts, FAQs and displaying embedded images Wink
dharpaz is not online. Last active: 10/16/2008 7:03:27 AM dharpaz
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 09:23 AM
Hi glow,

Thanks for the fast response.

regarding your suggestions:
1. My movies have about 200 pictures and after running it few times I allways find need to change turation of few pictures (some times most of them, some times few based on how many details you have in the pictures, views. people, buildings and so on). Removing the pictures or changing them manualy on the time line will be the last option.
2. I would like to change the pictures duration and not the effects between the pictures.
3. I'm looking for a reasonable solution that will allow me (mybe by using right mouse clik) to add an option of changing the duration of chosen picture or pictures like the very basic options that you have today in the right button menu today.

Does anyone had tried this?

Regards
glow is not online. Last active: 11/19/2017 5:16:26 PM glow
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1441

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 05:32 PM
G'day dharpaz

Effects are applied to clips
Transitions are between the clips.

I guess you know that you can manually adjust the length of a single clip by dragging the end of the clip with the mouse in the timeline view.

What I suggested is applying a speed up or slow down effect to change the duration of the clip. I wasn't suggesting changing the transition timing (which I don't think can be done to multiple different transitions anyway). If you do as I suggested you can change the duration of all 200 pictures at once to 7s (assuming they were all 5s to start with).

You can use Blaine's custom speed effects to get certain multiples. You can also apply multiple effects to get other multiples e.g. apply slow down half twice to quadruple the length of a clip.

I use Firefox+Greasemonkey scripts for easier editing of forum posts, FAQs and displaying embedded images Wink
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > Changing durration for all pictures at once?