[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > Re: Pixelan SpiceFX 4.0 is released    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Pixelan SpiceFX 4.0 is released
Michael is not online. Last active: 9/5/2009 12:57:34 PM Michael
Total Posts: 29

Pixelan SpiceFX 4.0 is released
Posted: 02 Jun 2008 09:25 PM
Just a brief note to let forum users know that SpiceFX 4.0 was released today. Not only are there new packs of effects, but five different Wizards to make CUSTOM effects & transitions for Movie Maker. And one of the Wizards is free to keep to all demo downloaders. : ) For more info, see http://www.pixelan.com/mm/intro.htm Those of you who previously bought SpiceFX get sizable upgrade discounts, btw.

Let me know here if you have any questions after you take a look. Or ask PapaJohn -- he was one of our key beta testers. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Michael Feerer
Pixelan Software
glow is not online. Last active: 2/28/2016 4:07:11 AM glow
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1441

Re: Pixelan SpiceFX 4.0 is released
Posted: 09 Jun 2008 09:11 AM
Hi Michael

I've been having a play with the TranJelly wizard.
What are these SPG files and is there an easy way to view/modify them?
It seems like they describe gradients used by your transitions.

I use Firefox+Greasemonkey scripts for easier editing of forum posts, FAQs and displaying embedded images Wink
Michael is not online. Last active: 9/5/2009 12:57:34 PM Michael
Total Posts: 29

Posted: 09 Jun 2008 08:27 PM
Thanks for asking. The SPG files are resolution-independent code that creates the geometry of an effect or transition in the Wizards. They are much superior to bitmapped gradients, since they render clean at any output size yet also contain the softness/organicness that our effect geometries have been known for for years in other editing systems. It's an exclusive technology of ours. The files aren't modifiable, but the possibility of being able to load into a Wizard a user's custom bitmap gradient is something I'd like to hear more about from people here -- to gauge interest. That we could probably do with a minor free update relatively quickly.

Sincerely,
Michael Feerer
Pixelan Software
http://www.pixelan.com
bobbythegoat is not online. Last active: 7/31/2008 2:27:56 PM bobbythegoat
Total Posts: 12

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 01:58 PM
the effects are quite nice, although the X in the middle is a bit annoying
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Add-ons and Updates for Windows Movie Maker  > Re: Pixelan SpiceFX 4.0 is released