[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Free for all, Anything Goes Forums  > Off Topic Discussions  > STAR WARS Episode 3    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: STAR WARS Episode 3
vanilla_coke_nz is not online. Last active: 1/13/2008 3:30:53 PM vanilla_coke_nz
www.freewebs.com
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 252

STAR WARS Episode 3
Posted: 21 May 2005 06:53 PM
I saw Star Wars Episode 3 the other day and the Transitions in it are really dumb. I know that some of the Transitions they have so that it looks like the old movies but some of the new one are really plain. They used the circle in transition (which you can download) heaps at the end of the movie and its meant to be in between the credits and the last scene.

Thats just my thought. But what do you guys think?

Colonial Tech Pictures - the OFFICIAL Site
Welcome to the New Generation

Includes: Database, Movies, Comments and much MORE!
vanilla_coke_nz is not online. Last active: 1/13/2008 3:30:53 PM vanilla_coke_nz
www.freewebs.com
Top 100 Poster

Re: STAR WARS Episode 3
Posted: 21 May 2005 06:56 PM
It doesn't mean i didn't like the movie cause i loved it, i just thought it might be something to bring up...

considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 21 May 2005 10:13 PM
Think about most Hollywood movies, do they use a lot of transitions? For home movie projects, transitions can be fun, but just like too many fonts and colors in a document, they can also be distracting. For transitions oftentimes simpler is better.

The best movies I've seen tell their story with interesting angles, close-ups of some action, reverse angles, over-the-shoulder shots, walking out of frame, etc. (And special effects are cool too!)

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
www.freewebs.com
Top 100 Poster

Posted: 22 May 2005 12:04 AM
Yea

I thought there was a perfect transition that it swept right but the swept was a building and the camera kept turning so it was like a camera turning left but the building was sweeping the last scene.

I like it when the cameras moving and it goes past a post and keeps moving and then when you get past the post its on a different person or scene. Like in Resident Evil.

jeb314 is not online. Last active: 2/5/2007 11:36:48 PM jeb314
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 251

Posted: 23 May 2005 08:40 PM
I noticed that there were a whole lot of different transitions, but that's just Lucas's style. He's always been one to make the movie good in the editing room. Also, with this connecting the old and new trilogies, they are tryign to mimic the original transitions in A New Hope
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Free for all, Anything Goes Forums  > Off Topic Discussions  > STAR WARS Episode 3