[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Re: .mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: .mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from
AnthonyDeCuirCom is not online. Last active: 2/28/2008 3:46:54 PM AnthonyDeCuirCom
Total Posts: 7

.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from
Posted: 02 Feb 2008 11:28 PM
can anyone explain this?
kathokatho is not online. Last active: 12/29/2011 3:52:08 AM kathokatho
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 6509

Re: .mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from
Posted: 03 Feb 2008 02:18 PM
Common error message when using mpg/mpeg2 files. Convert to .avi or .wmv to make it work better.

Cuss, act rude... be ungrateful....go ahead, make my day!

PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: .mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from
Posted: 03 Feb 2008 02:19 PM
Movie Maker can't handle the MPEG-2 file you're trying to use... see my website's Import Movie Source Files > Video > MPEG page for suggestions about conversion to something that will work.

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
MovieMaster99 is not online. Last active: 2/22/2008 12:28:29 PM MovieMaster99
Total Posts: 13

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 04:48 PM
Is this when you capture? WMM cannot support MPEG files for capture, so you need to use AVI.
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 06:23 PM
yes, kind of.... depending on what you mean by 'capture'... importing happens after capturing... but sometimes it's a two step process that appears as one to the user.

Wildelark is not online. Last active: 4/21/2008 5:31:07 PM Wildelark
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 03:24 PM
I am getting the exact same problem but with an avi file. I had it on my WMM before, and it let me PREVIEW it, but when I inserted it into my timeline only the audio (a song I have in, not the actual audio from the video - which was muted anyways so I'm not sure if that works or not) played, the actual MOVIE FOOTAGE was just blank, so I tried re-importing the video to WMM, and it came up with ".avi could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from." I make videos alot, and I've used this file before to make videos, this is the first time I've had a problem with it, and I'm fairly sure the audio is not causing a problem, because the audio does play, it's just the video that doesn't.

Help/advice/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

-Wildelark.
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 03:58 PM
see my website's Import Movie Source Files section.... check the file with GSpot to see what codecs it needs to play it.

your codecs come and go as you add or remove software... something that worked before may not work now.

I can be more specific with suggestions once I know what GSpot says.

Welcome to the forum.

Zerav is not online. Last active: 4/29/2008 6:41:06 AM Zerav
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2008 02:24 AM
I have the same problem but with a twist:

Yesterday I imported several videos from a camcorder I just borrowed (DCR-DVD108 Sony Handycam) without a single problem, I even created a 15 minutes video, but today I tried to import new videos and that message popped up. I've been reading a lot about this issue (an I will be until I get to understand it) but it would be great to have a simple solution.

Any suggestion?
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 28 Apr 2008 02:32 PM
welcome to the forum...

The simple thing is that, except for MM6 in Vista Ultimate and Home Premium systems which have the new Microsoft MPEG2 codec, Movie Maker doesn't work with video files on DVDs.

If you think you can coax it to work fine, or have some mild success... you're into random successess mixed with random failures. It's not worth the time and frustration. Convert the DVD video files to avi or wmv files that work for sure.

My website's Import Movie Source Files > Video > Discs page is about such conversions... and there are many posts in these forums about it.

Zerav is not online. Last active: 4/29/2008 6:41:06 AM Zerav
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 03:22 AM
Actually I've found the reason... kind of anyways.

Some video filters were activated (I 'm not sure how) and brought some problems with them, I just tried checking and unchecking them until the importation could work again, specifically when I unchecked "CyberLink Video/SP Decoder ver. 6.0.0.2715".

The good thing is that Movie Maker is working again, the bad thing is that I'm having some freezing from time to time (probably another video filter), but I'll take my time to solve that.

I have an XP Media Center Edition SP2, I suppose that's the reason for MM to work with mpeg-2.

I did check your website and it helped with my understanding, thanks for that.
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 03:33 PM
Good. I have an XP Media Center Edition SP2 computer too... and usually run with all of the about 70 line items in the compatibility list unchecked.

aleoqu123 is not online. Last active: 7/22/2008 1:52:29 PM aleoqu123
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 22 Jul 2008 12:54 PM
hey. it's been a long time since you've posted. i used to have the same problem. what i did was play around with my options as far as compatibility goes. here's how i fixed it:

go to tools > options > compatibility tab > uncheck Xvid MPEG-4 option

depending on your video formats and mine i guess this could differ but all my videos are MP4s and i unchecked this option. it's the only thing that has allowed me to upload my MP4s to movie maker. hope this helped!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Re: .mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from