[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > removing a noise strip from Video captured from analogue source    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: removing a noise strip from Video captured from analogue source
dbricker is not online. Last active: 4/1/2005 9:13:26 AM dbricker
Top 100 Poster
Total Posts: 21

removing a noise strip from Video captured from analogue source
Posted: 02 Jan 2004 10:05 AM
usually in clips captured from the analogue source there is a noise strip at the bottom or at the top. it's size varies (about 8 pixel wide in my case)

Slightly zooming your clip removes this artifact forever.

Here is the example of XML file that will add "Small Zoom" effect to MM2 effects collection.
Apply it to the clip and see results. For more detail regarding adding effect with XML files see the article: "Creating Custom Effects and Transitions in Windows Movie Maker" at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/moviemakersfx.asp

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0" >
<Effects>
<EffectDLL guid="{B4DC8DD9-2CC1-4081-9B2B-20D7030234EF}">
<Effect name="Small Zoom" iconid="34" comment="Removes Noise Strip from Analogue Video">
<Param name="InternalName" value="Simple3D" />
<Param name="ScaleA" value="1.01388889" />
<Param name="InitialScaleA" value="1.01388889" />
</Effect>
</EffectDLL>
</Effects>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

You might want to play with the values for ScaleA and InitialScaleA to achieve best results with your clips.

-Daniel
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: removing a noise strip from Video captured from analogue source
Posted: 02 Jan 2004 02:02 PM
Nice one Daniel,

I still shoot mostly with a Hi8 analog camcorder and have 5 lines at the bottom that are most noticable. They don't bother me normally, and I've been using Virtual Dub when I really want to get rid of them. I like your method, will give it a try, and add the info to my website.... it'sunusual for me to use a post from someplace other than the newsgroup.

Thanks,

PapaJohn

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Transitions, Effects and Titles  > removing a noise strip from Video captured from analogue source