[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > KV eliminiate noise    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: KV eliminiate noise
kevinhotsz is not online. Last active: 12/12/2007 10:04:24 AM kevinhotsz
Total Posts: 4

KV eliminiate noise
Posted: 10 Dec 2007 05:49 PM
how can I eliminate the background noise of the video
neophyte is not online. Last active: 5/1/2012 9:53:46 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 19914

Re: KV eliminiate noise
Posted: 11 Dec 2007 08:58 PM
If the background noise is on the original video, then you would need to save the audio out as a separate file and use a sound editing program such as Audacity (it's a free download) to try to reduce the background noise (it's unlikely you'll be able to remove all of it). Once you've done that, you would need to import this new audio file into Movie Maker, add it to the Audio/Music track, align it so that the audio syncs up with the video and mute the audio on the original video.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
ABack is not online. Last active: 3/10/2008 4:04:37 AM ABack
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 12:56 PM
How can I store/export the audio-track in MovieMaker, so I can import it into Audacity? I could not find such a function in Movie Maker, just copying the audio-part to the clipboard seems possible. Thanks for any tipp how to reduce background noise. And - when Audacity is new to me - what function there to use to reduce background noise? Thanks
PippasGhost is not online. Last active: 12/21/2011 10:36:12 AM PippasGhost
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 846

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 06:24 PM
Hi ABAck.

Many programs like SUPER Converter, MediaConverter, etc. can convert a video soundtrack to a audio file.

But if you want to do it in Movie Maker, create a new project, then in Timeline view drag the clip from the collection to the audio track. Publish/Save this as a finished "movie", and Movie Maker will automatically create a WMA file for you. (Note: this isn't much use if you want to use the file in Audacity, since it prefers WAV and MP3 to WMA!)

Audacity has hiss removal and click removal filters, a high pass filter (to get rid of deep noises), a low pass filter (to get rid of high noises), and a wide variety of equalisers and other filters. The best thing is just to experiment, with a lot of trial and error, until you find a combination that works for you.

Pippa's Ghost
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > KV eliminiate noise