[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Problem saving movie to dvd.    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Problem saving movie to dvd.
kclark is not online. Last active: 8/20/2008 7:50:04 PM kclark
Total Posts: 27

Problem saving movie to dvd.
Posted: 05 Aug 2007 04:27 AM
Here is the error message: Can't create dvd. Not such interface supported.

What does that mean? Does it mean that I don't have the right dvd? I bought a bunch of maxwell dvd+R. (4.7 16x 2hrs)

I would love anybody's help on this.

Thanks,

Karen
kathokatho is not online. Last active: 12/29/2011 3:52:08 AM kathokatho
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 6509

Re: Problem saving movie to dvd.
Posted: 05 Aug 2007 10:07 AM
What software are you using to burn the DVD?

Make sure you are burning from a video file...and not trying to burn the project file.

Cuss, act rude... be ungrateful....go ahead, make my day!

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 12:48 PM
I'm using windows dvd maker.

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 12:51 PM
I may be just be burning from a project file. How do I go about burning from a video file? Do I have to do something in widows movie maker after I'm done with the movie? When I was done with the movie, I just clicked on burn to dvd, but maybe I'm supposed to do something else first.

Karen
kathokatho is not online. Last active: 12/29/2011 3:52:08 AM kathokatho
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 6509

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 04:09 PM
What version of Movie Maker are you running....the one with XP or Vista?

Cuss, act rude... be ungrateful....go ahead, make my day!

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 06:09 PM
vista
Taffygirl is not online. Last active: 8/9/2017 2:28:55 PM Taffygirl
Total Posts: 65

Posted: 13 Aug 2007 06:26 PM
Hello. I am new to Movie Maker and to this forum.

I am also having trouble creating a DVD. I have saved my project to Video file on my computer and am using Windows XP. When I try to Create the DVD, it seems to be burning it, but gets about halfway and then freezes. My only choice is then to cancel. The little green marks indicate that its copying/burning to the DVD, but then freezes halfway. I have tried to create the DVD numerous times with the same result. I even scraped the project entirely and started all over, but had the same results. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Taffygirl is not online. Last active: 8/9/2017 2:28:55 PM Taffygirl
Total Posts: 65

Posted: 22 Jun 2016 05:29 PM
Hello, I have not been on this forum for a long time (years), but have always found it helpful. I have several questions relating to 1)my old XP movie maker program, 20, creating movies in Windows 7, and 3) Windows 10.

1) I have continued making movies on my old XP laptop even though I purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 about five or six years ago. The last movie I made on the XP computer was about three years ago. Recently I started making a new movie on the XP computer and was doing fine until I tried to import some videos. They don't seem to even upload to my XP computer and I'm wondering if that's because the videos were made with a new camera and camcorder. Is it possible that the newer cameras don't "talk" to the XP system? I even tried putting them on a CD to upload, but no dice.

2) I looked at the movie maker program in Windows7 a couple of months ago. I couldn't figure out how to do some of the things that was easy with the old program on XP. For instance, I like to put a text slide in between some of the photos, but couldn't see how to do that. Also, importing videos didn't work. Is there a mechanism to do these things?

3) Microsoft recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (I did not request this). I did a search for a movie maker program and learned that Windows 10 does not have one. Therefore, I'm thinking about reverting back to Windows 7. Has anyone else done this without issues?

Thank you for whatever help or suggestions you can offer.
gpmarlette is not online. Last active: 8/23/2017 5:59:20 PM gpmarlette
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 23 Aug 2017 05:59 PM
I may have the same problem:
I am trying to burn a 6.7 GP movie I made in MovieMaker and saved to the HD setting, onto an 8.5 GB Memorex “8X Dual Layer” DVD+R, but getting an error message that there’s not enough room, or getting no response at all. My MovieMaker is version 211, build 15.4.3555.3080. Where am I going wrong?
Thanks
lainhartrd is not online. Last active: 2/15/2018 3:25:43 PM lainhartrd
Total Posts: 13

Posted: 24 Jan 2018 02:52 AM
I’m currently having the same problem --- DVD’s freezing and then completely stalling -- beginning after several minutes of play. Here’s my situation: Several years ago, I had successful results using both the WMM 6.0 and Windows DVD Maker. But after switching from Windows 7 to 10 back then, I lost both programs in the conversion. Fortunately, I recently was able to reinstalled WMM 6.0 from “Blaine’s Movie Maker Blog”. But I haven’t found a free source for the (Windows) DVD maker. So, I’ve tried both the free DVD Styler and the WinX DVD Author. While DVD’s made with either program play back perfectly on my computer’s DVD drive (on which they were burned), they eventually freeze/stall on each of my two external DVD players. Yes, with my two players I’ve checked the older DVD’s that I made before the Windows 7-10 switch; they still play back fine. I do see that I can spend $29.95 to get a download of the old W-DVD Maker. But will that “solve the problem”? (Reviews, of course, downgrade its features compared with more modern [and sometimes free] programs.) So --- before I spend the $$, any enlightenment you can provide will be most welcome. Thanks! Richard P. S. Yes, same computer then and now.
lainhartrd is not online. Last active: 2/15/2018 3:25:43 PM lainhartrd
Total Posts: 13

Posted: 24 Jan 2018 03:01 AM
P. S. All of the "free" Windows DVD Maker offers appear to be only for the trial version: limited space, watermarked, 7 days use.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Problem saving movie to dvd.