[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL AcompBclip Transitions for ShaderTFX    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: DPL AcompBclip Transitions for ShaderTFX
PatrickL is not online. Last active: 12/4/2015 6:48:13 PM PatrickL
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1305

DPL AcompBclip Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 07 Oct 2008 05:40 PM
See Demo Video for a video sample of these Transitions.

If you like what you see, download and run the installer exe. You may need administrator privilege. It has a proper uninstaller.
Eight AcompBclip transitions will be installed.

You must have ShaderTFX installed and operating.

A composite B add is great for superimposing Neo's Clip Archive video clips over a video or picture. However, I have noticed that many of the clips end up very saturated and it fades out some of the original colors.

This package attempts to give a more true representaion of the original B clip by displaying it if the overall brightness of the B clip is above a certain clip level. Most overlay clips have a black background and a clip level of 25% saturated gives a pretty good effect. That level can be changed in the XML, and a 100% level is supplied which is equivalent to the original AcompB transitions.

Also, since the transition overlap can't be 100%, there is a little tail where only the 'B' image is seen. To combat this, an In and an Out transition is supplied. The way to use this is to split a video (or supply 2 images), put the overlay clip in the middle and then overlap both ends till they butt up together. Then make the first transition the IN and the second transition the OUT.

Another feature is that the IN fades in with a 1/4 sec time and the OUT with a 1/4 sec time so that things don't just click in and out. Modifieable in the XML.

A rectangle parameter lets you change the position and size of the clip overlay, and it can be transparent, both with XML tweaks.

Enjoy, PatrickL

DPL Freeware Effects and Transitions for Vista MM Website
TheOnePb is not online. Last active: 4/3/2010 8:23:13 AM TheOnePb
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 520

Re: DPL AcompBclip Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 09 Oct 2008 09:49 AM
Thanks for these! With sertain colors and pictures these are better transitions than the normal ones..

TheOnePb

Movie Maker 6.0 on Windows 7 + ShaderTFX, registeredSmiley
http://youtube.com/profile?user=TheOnePb1
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 11:43 AM
BTW this transition works pretty well for Animated GIFs if the background is black or transparent. See AcompBclip GIF demo. Just use the Animated GIF as the B image.

Caveats, black in the image will be transparent and use DPL Letterbox effect if the GIF aspect ratio is different than your project. YMMV depending on the GIF contents.

PatrickL

artscandelay is not online. Last active: 4/18/2009 12:45:40 AM artscandelay
www.youtube.com
Total Posts: 3

Sound Problem with Compositing
Posted: 16 Apr 2009 11:05 AM
Perhaps someone can help me with this.

I want to know if there is a way to keep the sound from your clips from fading during a compositing effect.

For example, if I A-comp-B the sound will fade out from A and fade in from B, just as it would with a normal dissolve transition. I'd like to have the sound seamless. It seems you can't lay in a composit clip between A and B without the sound fading in and out like that.

This is a major problem.

----ArtScandelay

My Dumb Videos
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Re: Sound Problem with Compositing
Posted: 16 Apr 2009 02:25 PM
Hi artscandelay. You are right on about overlapping clips and sound. The sound fades from the first to the second.

One way to get both is to mute the sound in one of the overlapped clips on the Timeline, and then drag another copy of the video to the Audio line. Then, they will just add to each other with no fade.

You can adjust down the volume of one of them to get the volume mix you want and split/clip to get the durations to what you want.

Have fun, PatrickL

artscandelay is not online. Last active: 4/18/2009 12:45:40 AM artscandelay
www.youtube.com
Total Posts: 3

Re: Sound Problem with Compositing
Posted: 16 Apr 2009 09:20 PM
Thanks so much, man! I will try this out. Appreciate your reply.

----ArtScandelay

My Dumb Videos
ren is not online. Last active: 8/13/2012 5:59:38 PM ren
Total Posts: 26

Posted: 24 May 2009 05:50 AM
I downloaded ShaderTFX and registered to use it, and when i drag some of the effects or transitions onto the correct place on the video, it doesnt work, it causes the clip to go all weird, you cant even see whats being shown on the video. It's not all of them, just some of them. So far, it doesnt seem to be the clip thats effecting it, ive tried it on several clips and it still doesnt work how it should. Any ideas why?

Thank you!

Posted: 24 May 2009 06:27 AM
Ok, well now it seems to be working. I'm not quite sure why it wasnt..but you dont need to answer my comment now cause its working!

Great effects by the way! Thanks!

Posted: 24 May 2009 06:51 AM
Ok, NOW here's my problem.

Sometimes the effects work, sometimes they dont. Same with the transitions. Sometimes they both work, sometimes neither of them work. Tried saving it to the computer even when it doesnt work, but it still goes weird when it plays in Windows Media Player. Any ideas why it works sometimes and not others?

Sorry for all my posts by the way, im doing this video now, and i'm posting as something happens!
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 25 May 2009 01:28 PM
Hi ren,

ShaderTFX requires a stable Video Driver. The latest nVidia driver solved all my TFX problems.

For some info on Black Screen preview in Vista MM, view post 203468 and view post 205802.

Hope this helps, PatrickL

ditenado is not online. Last active: 11/3/2011 8:21:07 PM ditenado
Total Posts: 17

Posted: 19 Jun 2011 04:02 PM
Im having the same problem as ren. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the effect but with no results. what driver do you recomend for me (windows 7 64 bit)

with epic on our minds and awesome in our veins all we have left is our righteous remains
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL AcompBclip Transitions for ShaderTFX