[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL 3D Cube RotationB (Take 2) Transitions for ShaderTFX    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: DPL 3D Cube RotationB (Take 2) Transitions for ShaderTFX
PatrickL is not online. Last active: 12/4/2015 6:48:13 PM PatrickL
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1305

DPL 3D Cube RotationB (Take 2) Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 29 Feb 2008 12:08 PM
This set of 10 transitions is a slight improvement to my earlier cube rotate transitions. The improvements are:
--A perfectly straight edge on the perspective edges of the cube
--Ability to size X and Y dimensions of the cube (3/4 "small" size included)
--Able to have a background image or a background color
--Progress is a "Square" function. Starts out slow then accelerates and then kind of "clicks" into place.

Demo at 3D Cube B Transition Demo Video.

Download at 3D Cube RotateB Installer Download.

Right, Up, Left and Down "rotating" transitions are included in the full size transitions. Works nicely with photos and videos.

With the 3/4 (small) size transitions, things are a little different. Two additional transitions include a "size in" and a "size out" to start and end the sequence. Also, the transitions must totally overlap and butt up against each other so that the size doesn't bounce out to full size. Mostly (only?) useful with photos, not videos. See the demo video.

The "size in" and "size out" transitions should be twice the length of the rotate transitions, because they each contain a size AND a rotate section.

You can change the background color with the

<BackgroundColor type="color" value="darkblue" />

statements in the Semantics area of the XML file and/or you can change the background image with the

<TextureFile value="%ProgramFiles%\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX\ DPL 3D CubeRotateB BG\HappyFrame.jpg"/>

statements and/or you can change the perspective with the

<Perspective type="float" value="0.50" />

statements.

Download and run the installer exe. You may need administrator privilege. It has a proper uninstaller.
This package can coexist with the previous, but I don't think you need the previous.
You must have ShaderTFX installed and operating.

Enjoy, PatrickL

DPL Freeware Effects and Transitions for Vista MM Website
TheOnePb is not online. Last active: 4/3/2010 8:23:13 AM TheOnePb
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 520

Re: DPL 3D Cube RotationB (Take 2) Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 29 Feb 2008 01:05 PM
Hi Patrick,

As I said before, I love your shaderTFX packages! I didn't know you every could make more than mm had! But ofcourse, guys like you, who do it for fun (and free!) are the best and make stuff like this. Great!

About this package...
Your improved transitions. Background color improvement? Well, ok, if you want it in a way. But leave the standards black. I made them black again, but people who can't maybe will remove your software. I wanted to change the icons in black but that was not possible (normal - B.dll files) and I think that will annoy me. Lol, real comment now:

I think you explored shaderTFX again. It looks great, as slideshow, as you said. BTW: the smiley background annoys me too.. Lol...
No, really good, in & out, left right bla bla everywhere, very, very good!!

About your 2nd last sentence: "This package can coexist with the previous, but I don't think you need the previous.", you don't have to have the previous, it stands alone indeed.

Well, you made about 50 transitions now (I can't count, I know), now show us some amazing effects using ShaderTFX!!

TheOnePb

Movie Maker 6.0 on Windows 7 + ShaderTFX, registeredSmiley
http://youtube.com/profile?user=TheOnePb1
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 01:40 PM
Hi TheOnePb

Maybe the annoying darkblue and happyface backgrounds will motivate some more folks to learn how to tweak XML. Most of the stuff I do is just a do-it-yourself kit to allow some personalizations to get really creative since I am an artistic dropout.Cool

By the way, your use of the deformation effect with titles was great. I never thought of that.Expressionless

As for "amazing effects", I count 8 effect and 6 transition packages on my web site. Guess I've got to get cracking on creating some effects that are amazing.Embarassed

Regards, PatrickL

youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 02:30 PM
Hi Patrick,

You're right, that motivated me too.. But still, I can't be as good as you. I can't make my owk icons (software for adding specialiconid..) and your picture transitions (imagewipes) have pictures that are shapes. When I tried a picture, the white background adds too. How can I fix that?

:$ (doesn't work, how to post smileys?? - Lol -; )Did I say your effects weren't great? No, I said you made a lot transitions with shaderTFX. All very nice (Imagewipes not really usefull, I can't make new images as said, but still very impressive, same for moving logo) but as you say 8 effects, I say 3. I don't think anilogo are effects, just an picture over picture.. (don't get me wrong, very impressive "effects" too..)
When I say amazing effects I mean something like DPL Deform. I thought this wouldn't be possible with movie maker. You get what I mean, effects what blow your mind...
I don't have any ideas, and I would like you to go on with your own work. Don't think you need to make effects right now, no, go on with what you want.
Even when you would make 100 transitons more, I don't care, I will still love them, like I do now!

TheOnePb

samhogy is not online. Last active: 4/15/2013 4:13:31 PM samhogy
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1210

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 02:35 PM
Man this stuff is impressive, keep up the good work mate! Once I catch up with this whole ShaderTFX business I'll be a happy manSmiley
Rehan is not online. Last active: 5/8/2012 5:49:17 PM Rehan
www.rehanfx.org
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 2176

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 08:24 PM
Amazing as ever. Great work!!!
Nice video too. It astonished me when the rotating cubes changed from full screen to smaller size.Smiley

www.rehanfx.org - do more with Windows Movie Maker...
rehanfx.x10hosting.com - mirror site
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 01 Mar 2008 11:29 AM
Thanks Rehan. From you, I consider that high praise.

Thanks Sam. You will love ShaderTFX. Just a little ways up the learning curve it is amazing what you can do. Have fun. Be sure and get mplayercFX.exe the Media Player Classic program, and open the View->Shader Editor. It has some examples, and you can write/compile and test HLSL code there and later imbed it in some ShaderTFX constructs. (A Rehan tip)

And thank you TheOnePb. Whew, lots of content in your post. Let me address some of it.

Smileys: Must have a space before AND after the sequence. -:$- doesn't work. The same with leading/traling spacesEmbarasseddoes. view post 7

Icon DLL: I use Resource Hacker. You can compose a BMP file (size = Nx96 by 72 pixels where N is the number of icons) and replace the images in any of the MM Icon dlls with it. If you want to modify the background color in this dll, just open the dll in Resource Hacker, then Action->Save [Bitmap] Resources... somplace. Then use your paint program to paint the black background where you want it and save back as a bitmap. Then in Resource Hacker, Action->Replace Bitmap... select/replace with the new bitmap, and save the dll. Couple of times through it and you will be an expert.

Image Wipes and Moving Logos: The image must have transparent areas to define the shape. I use PNG files, often made from JPG files by painting a solid color (a magenta shade is good because it is rare in nature) anywhere transparent is desired. Then save the file as a PNG file. Then I use IrfanView to open the file and Save As... a PNG file with the Save Transparent Color box checked. It will then ask you to click on the color that you want to be transparent. viola' now you have the right shaped image to use as an image wipe or Logo.

AniLogo: Darn. One of my favorites. Also uses PNG files with transparency. Spinning Earth is an example where black is defined as the transparent color.

PatrickL

youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 01 Mar 2008 12:00 PM
1. Smileys work nowBig Smile!
I downloaded Resource Hacker and found out that DLL files are nothing more than files to save the icons in? Right....?
What do I have to do if I have 1 icon? How can I give it a specialiconid?
Editing worked fine, I have black iconsSmileyand I'm very happy with them!
2. About your image wipes, going to test it soon (I allready had IrfanView!).
3.But about the Anilogo's, is there a program to actually make gif's to just one picture, as you needed to do? I think so, could you give me a link?

Thanks a lot for your help

view user TheOnePb

pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 01 Mar 2008 01:08 PM
Wow, you got right on this. Must be a leisure weekend like mine is.

1. The replacement bmp can be any size, not just the size currently imbedded. Resource hacker takes care of CRC's etc. when you save it. Be sure and start with a DLL from one of the MovieMaker Icon DLLs as not all DLLs are created equal.

Then make the DLL file name the same as your XML file name, and the iconid's just increment by one from 0 being the leftmost.

The specialiconid must be a unique (to your MovieMaker installation) integer. CG and Glow have a lot of info about this at view post 115152

By the way, you can replace the Happy face background image just by replacing HappyFrame.jpg in the DPL 3D CubeRotateB BG folder with a jpg image of your choice. (same name though, or modify the XML)

2. It will work just fine. Be careful of jpg compression artifacts though. The transparent color is one exact color only, not as tolerant as bluescreen.

3. This is a little labor intensive. Irfanview will extract all the frames from most animated GIFs (Options->Extract All Frames...). Then you must create a canvas the size to hold all, and carefully place the extracted images on it ordered by row/column. Then create the transparent areas and save as a PNG file. I use an old version of PaintShop Pro to do this with the IrfanView process above later to designate the transparent color. Also, the matrix must be square e.g. 4x4. A bad design point I regret now.

Have fun. I look forward to seeing some of your creations.

PatrickL

youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 01 Mar 2008 02:22 PM
Hi Patrick,

Again, I tested only the first step. I have some spare time this weekend, so I love your help!!

Thanks, because I'm going to make my first ShaderTFX Picture Transitions package with 5 transitions.Cool I'm glad the icons worked, I used 1011, I hope Rehan didn't take it, but I tried 5 other numbers, all didn't work!!Perplexed

So thanks, and soon you will see my creations, I hope you will test them too!

TheOnePb

considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 02 Mar 2008 11:15 AM
I would not use 1011 for SpecialIconFileID since that is reserved for Rehan. How about something in the 51xx range? If you like, I'll mark that block as reserved for you. And for SpecialIconResourceID, I'm assuming you are using 101. That's the typical one compiled into a DLL.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 02 Mar 2008 01:39 PM
Jep, I will use 51xx then.. I made a installer from clicknet, but my virusscan removed it because there was a Trojan in it:( So I need an other installer!!
And I will use 101 yes! Thanks for reserving that for me!

youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 01:33 PM
I'm ready for an install maker, I searched and installed, but nothing workes the way I want it to. What to do now? What installer does Rehan use?

TheOnePb

moviemakerkid is not online. Last active: 1/13/2015 11:03:35 PM moviemakerkid
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1174

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 07:32 PM
I believe rehan and blaine use .msi which im not sure how they make. But the one program i use is
Install creator (Download link)
It works pretty good on my opinion. You can have it free forever, if you buy it you just get additional features. Good luck.

My Downloads For Movie Maker
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster

Posted: 05 Mar 2008 01:25 PM
Okay! Thanks MMKid! I finally finished everything and my own transitions are online!!!

Thanks for you help Patrick L. I hope you will test my packageSmiley!
And MMKid, my package is based on your XML, thanks for that too :-D!

Check it here: view post 163002

Cool4491Movies is not online. Last active: 3/26/2014 8:00:07 PM Cool4491Movies
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 08:00 PM
I have WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 and the transition does not work.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 01:02 PM
Make sure it is getting installed in the correct folder. Many of DPL's installers were designed for a 32-bit version of Windows and on a 64-bit machine will try to install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Movie Maker.

If that is the case, tell the installer to put them into C:\Program Files\Movie Maker instead.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL 3D Cube RotationB (Take 2) Transitions for ShaderTFX