[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL PushSlideComp Transitions for ShaderTFX    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: DPL PushSlideComp Transitions for ShaderTFX
PatrickL is not online. Last active: 12/4/2015 6:48:13 PM PatrickL
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1305

DPL PushSlideComp Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 12 Feb 2008 02:07 PM
Here are a few more miscellaneous transitions using ShaderTFX. Push, Slide and Composite transitions.

A Demo is at DPL PushSlideComp Transitions Demo

An installer is at DPL PushSlideComp Transitions Installer

These are just tweaks to Rehan's PIP transition and Blaine's Transparencies and Composite A add B transitions HLSL code. The tweak to PIP is just to allow Slide In transitions. To Blaine's transitions I added a quarter second fade to the head and tail to curtail abrupt entries and exits. Also, composite is in some weaker strengths in case the composite oversaturates the video.

It's nice to stand on the shoulders of giantsSmiley.

To use the composites, just split your video (or put two identical images) in the timeline view, then put the composite video in the slot. Mostly overlap the composite video with the prior part, and overlap the suceeding video completely to the first transition. Then put the Composite transition in the first transition section and the ShowB transition in the 2nd transition section. This makes the transition seamless (I think Blaine invented this. It's because you can't overlap videos totally, but you can butt transitions together). You may have to clip the composite video (and/or stretch/shrink the pictures) to get the correct timing lenghts.

As always, you can compose your own XML to vary some of the parameters. Look at the XML file.

Enjoy, PatrickL

DPL Freeware Effects and Transitions for Vista MM Website
TheOnePb is not online. Last active: 4/3/2010 8:23:13 AM TheOnePb
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 520

Re: DPL PushSlideComp Transitions for ShaderTFX
Posted: 13 Feb 2008 03:31 AM
The only thing I can say is "WOW!". I really like the push and slide transitions. I already had some, like the one in RehanFX (Cube) and here on the forum (Cube3D) but these are fantastic to.
Why does everybody add the transitions "Show A, Show B"? Because if you have it one time, than you don't have to have it a second time, or am I wrong??
The "DPL Comp A add B**(*)" are nothing special in my opinion. But the transparant transitions make a sort of fade effect that's very nice!
TheOnePb

Movie Maker 6.0 on Windows 7 + ShaderTFX, registeredSmiley
http://youtube.com/profile?user=TheOnePb1
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 10:44 AM
Comp A plus B is often used to overlay video effects over movies or slides. The effects usually have a black background with the effect in the foreground. Neophyte's website gives access to many hundreds of these.

A slight problem is that MM won't allow 100% overlap of a single transition, so you often get an annoying 1 last frame showing of the Effect clip before the B clip starts. This video shows that annoying black flash in the first section, and shows it solved in the second section by using a ShowB transition. I learned this from Blaine.

CompAB ShowB Example Video

Here is a picture of the technique in the timeline view of Movie Maker. A Comp AB transition with a Comp ShowB transition butted back up against it. The gyro splat effect show nicely over the photo with no extra black frame in the movie ala' the second section in the example.

CompAB ShowB Example MM Timeline Composition

ShowA is the same idea but used at the beginning of the effect transitions.

PatrickL

TheOnePb is not online. Last active: 4/3/2010 8:23:13 AM TheOnePb
youtube.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 520

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 10:57 AM
Ah like that!!:)
Thanks for the info, great!

Movie Maker 6.0 on Windows 7 + ShaderTFX, registeredSmiley
http://youtube.com/profile?user=TheOnePb1
FlashFlood is not online. Last active: 1/25/2016 3:59:30 PM FlashFlood
Total Posts: 50

Posted: 28 Apr 2008 07:22 PM
I dont know if im doing this right but its not working i cant overlap them
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 01 May 2008 07:43 PM
Make sure that you are in the "Timeline' view (not Storyline view). Then you should be able to drag the clips to overlap . Then drag the transition of choice down the the overlapped area.

PatrickL

Posted: 02 May 2008 10:07 AM
yea, i use the storyline, the clip overlaps but when i put the transition in, it just fades out
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 02 May 2008 12:39 PM
Hmm, sounds like the *.fx file isn't available. Is it in the Shared folder? Are you on 32 bit Vista? Haven't seen this problem before. I'm traveling but will try to help here.

PatrickL

Posted: 02 May 2008 05:07 PM
i checked my shared folder and i saw the .fx files there, and yea im running a 32 bit Vista computer, I pull the clip over the other clip as much as I can the transition on the bottom says fade so i switch the transition to composing, or dpl transparet etc but it still acts ad "fade" i dont know if its the computer, or something im doing wrong, its possible im doing something wrong, ive never succesfully used this effect ever, but I see people use it all the time in movie maker, so im assuming im just doing something wrong
psychedalien is not online. Last active: 1/19/2015 6:49:59 PM psychedalien
Total Posts: 14

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 10:09 AM
Hi,

I am a newbie, so maybe I am asking a dumb question: I do not understand the composite with A & B. Also I do not understand what the B50, TB25 etc, are. I hope you can explain it to me.

Thanks and regards,
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 08:21 AM
Hi psychedalien

Search this forum on AcompB (or ABcomp)for some discussions.

Basically, A and B refer to the first and second image(video) in a transition pair.

The TBxx transitions are Transparency ones. TB50 puts a 50% transparent B image over the A image. Like a fade half way through. TB25 puts a faint B image over A and TB 75 puts a strong B image over the A image.

A comp B (A composite B) takes the color value of B and adds it to the color value of A. It is particularly useful where a part of one image(video) is black so just the colored part of that image shows faintly on the other image. The number is the intensity of the overlayed B image. This is useful with video clips such as found on Neo's Clip Archive Website.

view post 187762 for a later version of DPL AcompB with clipping and sizing/moving capability.

Enjoy, PatrickL

FWvidChick is not online. Last active: 9/25/2016 9:54:03 PM FWvidChick
Total Posts: 7

Posted: 01 Apr 2013 01:31 PM
Hi Patrick

, I am working on a vid where I have both music and voice overs and am using a clip from neos archive to overlay over parts of my other clips. Problem is the transitions TB25,50,75,100 all want to fade out the voice overs. I put together my clips with the voice over and publish then put that into the main project with the music and layer the clips with the transition. But i can't get it to stop causing the audio issue. The only way to do so is to have the part with the voice over extra long so the voice over is more in the middle but that isn't always doable or practical. Is there any way I can get this to stop fading out the audio?

I tried to dabble with the coding based on the notes for it but I must be doing something wrong cause nothing changed.
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 01 Apr 2013 08:18 PM
When overlapping two clips on the Video line, the default is that audio from the first clip fades to the audio of the second clip during the transition. No other options are available.

The workaround could be an extra step to mute the clips audio voice overs (in the Timeline view, expand the Video line with + and mute the Audio line) and put a copy of the same clips on the Audio/Music line and trim and move the voice overs to match what you want. When you put a video clip on the Audio/Music line, just the audio is present and it's leading and trailing edges are trimmable (and can be overlapped for a fade and positioned anywhere on the line).

Then publish that video with the transitions and voice overs and then import it and add your music for the final cut.

PatrickL

FWvidChick is not online. Last active: 9/25/2016 9:54:03 PM FWvidChick
Total Posts: 7

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 01:14 AM
okay thanks for answering. Unfortunately that means the clips all get triple published and I really don't want to do that.

I'm thinking i'm gonna have to turn the music into to a vid and then put it on the clip line while i have my voice overs in the audio one so I can then publish those.. or use audacity. man this stinks.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL PushSlideComp Transitions for ShaderTFX