[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL Animated Logo Effects for Shader TFX    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: DPL Animated Logo Effects for Shader TFX
PatrickL is not online. Last active: 12/4/2015 6:48:13 PM PatrickL
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1305

DPL Animated Logo Effects for Shader TFX
Posted: 20 Oct 2007 09:50 AM
This package is a kit to create Animated Overlay Effects for MM 6.0. See the demo at "DPL Anilogo Demo2".

The demo includes transitions from my Imagewipe3 package and a Saucerman moving logo effect just for fun. But concentrate on the animations: Walking Mouse, Lightning Strike, Spinning Earth, Rippling Money, Purple Fish and Rippling US Flag. That's the good stuff.

You can download the package at "DPL AniLogo Effects Installer". Run the exe to install 10 animation effects. It has a proper uninstaller.

This one requires an image file containing all of the images that make up the animation. Like this. "Sample Sprite Sheet for DPL Anilogo"

The Sprite Sheet image is a PNG file which is a nxn square matrix at preferred aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9 (or maybe 14:9 to look pretty good on both aspect ratio projects). The areas not to be shown are transparent (shows as black in this image); Irfanview does a nice job of extracting the images from an animated GIF for those of you like me that are better at "borrowing" than drawing. Also you can use the "Take Picture from Preview" function in MM to borrow images from a video. Like the black hole from Katho's animation files. Lots of animations at "Neo's Clip Archive" I use an old version 4 Paint Shop Pro to combine the individual images into the Sprite Sheet and Irfanview to better define the transparent areas. Many image editors could do this function.

The parameters used in the XML are:
// XML File semantics & Defaults
float4 RectOverlay = {0,0,1,1}; Position of the Animated Overlay
float AlphaOverlay = 1.0; Transparency of the Animated Overlay
float Progress = -1.0; Used to Control Progress (-1.0 = use default)
float2 AniSize = {4,10}; Matrix size of Images - Default 4x4, 10 Images
bool TransparentOL = true; Choose Transparent Overlay (true) or Composite Add Mode (false)
float ModStrength = 0.9; Alpha Strength for the Composite Add Mode
bool FlipH = false; Mirror the Images Horizontally if true
bool FlipV = false; Mirror the Images Vertically if true
float CycleTime = 2.0; Animation Cycle time in seconds
float MaxCycles = -1; Used to Cutoff animation/blank overlay
default -1 is go forever, 4 means repeat 4 times max

Have fun creating, this is a kit. Report any problems (or successes) here.

PatrickL

PS. My convalescence is nearly over, so I'll be getting out of the house and back to my regular life and won't be here so much. Rehan's Shader TFX introduction gave me a perfect distraction to work on (play with) during this time. I hope him great success with his product. It makes Vista Moviemaker useful for us who like to twiddle with a little more than is provided in the base.

I had fun learning a new language, and hopefully created some stuff that others can use and build on. Now I'll be working on my golf backswing and short game, getting some travel in with my bride and making movies of the travels to bore my friends and family with and just getting back to seriously taking advantage of my retirement.

This MovieMaker community is a delight and I have appreciated seeing the creativity and helpfulness of those principals like Rehan, Blaine, PapaJohn, Rob, Neo, Al (bongo), Katho, fishy, Amyluve, Swami and too many others to mention. Keep it up people. This is great.

I'll be back from time to time for help, information and just to see what neat new things you all have created. And to help with any problems with my stuff.

au revoir

DPL Freeware Effects and Transitions for Vista MM Website
Rehan is not online. Last active: 5/8/2012 5:49:17 PM Rehan
www.rehanfx.org
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 2176

Re: DPL Animated Logo Effects for Shader TFX
Posted: 21 Oct 2007 06:15 AM
Hi Patrick. While we hope for your best health always, your absence will be greatly missed. You have been the ideal user for my ShaderTFX and your contributions were always welcome and provided inspiration for further work. I appreciated them most.

Hope to see you well but still around.

www.rehanfx.org - do more with Windows Movie Maker...
rehanfx.x10hosting.com - mirror site
swami is not online. Last active: 11/28/2016 6:29:35 PM swami
www.lpvideos.neptune.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 365

Posted: 23 Oct 2007 05:40 PM
Hello Patrick,
I have really enjoyed your special effects.
They add alot of interest to our movies.
what would we do without all of the talent on this
forum?
I didn't know you were convalescing. I hope nothing too
serious.
Enjoy your retirement and keep up the good work!
It is deeply appreciated! Thank you again.......

__Swami__ Linda
StarGuy is not online. Last active: 8/5/2010 3:09:42 PM StarGuy
Total Posts: 30

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 07:23 PM
I really like these effects and I have figured out how to tweek the xml file so as to use my own logos and pictures. Is there a way though, that would allow me to put a video in the place of the logos or pictures? Can a PIP like effect be created and still have the animation of the footage moving?
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 04:13 AM
Effects are only allowed 1 video ala' MM design.

However, since you know how to tweak XML (the magic is in the rectangleSmiley), the PIP Transition from ShaderTFX may work for what you want. Take a look at it.

PatrickL

StarGuy is not online. Last active: 8/5/2010 3:09:42 PM StarGuy
Total Posts: 30

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 10:07 PM
I had a look at the xml but I don't understand how I would tweak it, so as to make the smaller video move i.e. from left to right, or from upper left corner to lower right corner etc.
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 04:00 AM
Change UL to UL->LR

Change:
<RectB type="float4" value="0.0, 0.0, 0.25, 0.25" />
To:
<RectB evaluation="Linear" type="float4">
<Point time="0.0" value=" 0.00, 0.00, 0.25, 0.25"/>
<Point time="1.0" value=" 0.75, 0.75, 0.25, 0.25"/>
</RectB>

The magic rectangle:
First 2 values are the upper left X Y position and the second 2 values are the X length and Y height. (all normalized to 1.0 width and height)

The above XML starts a 0.25x0.25 rectangle at the upper left and moves it linearly to lower right at time 1.0, the end of the transition.

This is the same way you size and move Logos or any other rectangular object.

Have fun, the rects really are magic.

PatrickL

pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 10:16 AM
Just a reminder.

There are two more AniLogo collections at view post 151640 and view post 154761.

Also, in case anyone wants to create some more AniLogos there is a small sprite making tutorial at AniLogo Sprite Construction and a companion AniLogo XML Parameter description at AniLogo XML Parameters.

I'll be happy to provide advice and counsel for anyone so inclined.Big Smile

Remember, AniLogo(1) must be installed for other AniLogo collections to function.

PatrickL

XxKakuzuDeidaraXx is not online. Last active: 12/27/2010 6:24:36 PM XxKakuzuDeidaraXx
asianscreeds.webs.com
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 308

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 02:44 PM
they wont work for me... when i put them on the video clip just goes kinda wierd

http://AsiansCreeds.webs.com/
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 08:00 AM
All DPL AniLogo effects require that ShaderTFX be installed and operating unexpired or registered.

In Addition, AniLogo2 and AniLogo3 require that AniLogo1 be installed.

Do you meet those requirements and do any of them work for you?

PatrickL

Floridadude is not online. Last active: 1/29/2017 10:01:28 AM Floridadude
Total Posts: 24

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 03:48 PM
I nstalled your program and have shader however, the some things like the globe, the flag, don't work. All that comes up is a black box. The transistion is there but all I get is a black box
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 07:36 PM
Hi Floridadude,

ShaderTFX is required to be installed and operating unexpirered or registered.

Since you have 64bit Vista, view post 207028. Moviemakerkid seems to think that my packages work as long as you choose to install them in C:\program files\movie maker\shared.

Do any of the DPL Animated Effects work or do all of them fail with a black box? Black box usually means thet the .fx file or the associated image files can not be found.

Keep me informed, as I don't have a 64b machine to test on, PatrickL

Vero7236 is not online. Last active: 8/29/2009 12:46:08 PM Vero7236
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 12:45 PM
Hi, Patrick!!!

Please I need help !!!.

I installed the package , and the Rehan's Shader TFX and eventhougt when i run windows movie maker the effects are there, I only get a black box, nothing happens, and since I'm new in this I don't know what to do.

Please tell me what is wrong.

I have vista 6.0

thank you

Vero
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 08:02 AM
Black rectangle means that the .fx file is missing or corrupted or the logo image file is missing or misplaced.

All DPL AniLogo effects require that ShaderTFX be installed and operating unexpired or registered.

In Addition, AniLogo2 and AniLogo3 require that AniLogo1 be installed.

Do you meet those requirements and do any of them work for you?

PatrickL

Cien02 is not online. Last active: 9/15/2009 12:23:50 PM Cien02

Posted: 15 Sep 2009 12:07 PM
Then where should i place the logo image?

i have no idea where to put or what should i name the logo..

plszz help me... Thanks..
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 15 Sep 2009 02:30 PM
Cien, welcome to the forums.

These effects require that ShaderTFX is installed and operating unexpired or registered.

If you have that working, just download the installer from the first post in this thread (DPL_AniLogo_installer.exe) and run it. It will install the proper files in the proper places.

If that works and you are thinking of creating your own animated logos let me know here and I'll help you.

PatrickL

tako877 is not online. Last active: 12/16/2009 4:12:33 AM tako877

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 04:12 AM
I've been playing a little with MM the last couple of months and wanted to do something different. Thank you Rehan for ShaderTFX and PatrickL for the different effects/transitions. I've just downloaded a number of installers and have been playing with it for a couple of hours, but I don't understand how to change the size and position of the anilogos? I tried opening up the XML file using notepad, but I just get a bunch of gibberish. Can you please clarify? Thanks...
pleabo.home.comcast.net
Top 25 Poster

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 08:21 AM
Tako, you may have opened the AniLogo Effect.DLL file by mistake. Make sure you are opening the DPL AniLogo Effect.xml file in Notepad. That file is in clear text.

See the earlier 3-12-2008 post for some info on using the RectOverlay parameter. The Rectangle parameters are the same idea.

Good luck, PatrickL

rgfx is not online. Last active: 7/28/2015 8:48:58 AM rgfx

Posted: 27 Jul 2015 11:34 PM
HI Mr. Patrick...I have followed you for years and admired your animated logos, but there seems to be (for a numskull like me) no plain english indicator where any image files are to be placed when the sprite sheet is created.
I am very skilled - HIGHLY - in Photoshop and able to make my own images, logos, et al. However, after re-reading these threads for years, I have not yet come across any indicator where i would save my png files...i only read that they must be png.
I hope I have not waited so long to actually write to you that you are not on these boards any longer...I just felt so stupid...since everyone seems to make assumptions that we should know where all files are saved to...

I finally went ahead and downloaded and installed the installer.exe file for AninLogo 1 and 2. But am feeling rather sheepish as I can't even figure out how to find and launch anything! Can you, or someone else - offer simple english instructions with no assumptions for an digitard like me, please???!

sincerely,
romeo
Murph636 is not online. Last active: 8/20/2015 7:08:29 PM Murph636
Total Posts: 4

Posted: 03 Aug 2015 01:22 PM
Same boat as you......can't get my image to be one solid image and be as fluid as the images Patrick created utilizing his code....definitely need some insight or visibility with getting it to work.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Movie Maker Users Showcase  > Share Your Vista Transitions and Effects!!  > DPL Animated Logo Effects for Shader TFX